RIP Speber

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shelley

Veteran
Reaction score
I just got the news that Speber has passed.
Still shaking.
More news to come when I get word from another friend of ours.

Oh no, I am so shocked to read this. What happened? Was it a seizure that killed him?
Oh my what a loss, Speber was such a wonderful person. I will miss him.
Let's honour his auditorium. May he rock in peace. I won't forget him.
My deepest sympathy to his family, his friends and all of us here on CWE.

images

Last edited:
Omg! That's so sad to hear! My thoughts are with his family!

I'm totally stunned. That's just so Awful!!

He was a great guy & contributed so much in a positive way.

So sad. Please pass on my condolences to his family and friends..

Likewise, please give my condolences as well to his family.

Renee

His wife wanted to post, but she didn't know Speber's password. I will be the relay until she posts something.

His kids are hurting right now. I won't post their names, but if you know them, please contact them and say your condolences.

Oh no!

Speber had not been very active as of late and I know the last time he was around, he had indicated that he was having difficulty with his seizures. I will try to contact Renee.

Newer members may not be familiar with him, but he was a great guy with a huge heart (gentle soul) and a fantastic sense of humor. The Auditorium will forever be his legacy here at CWE.

Very sad news. :(

My condolences to his family. I will pray for them as they go through this time of loss. He will be greatly missed.

Speber was one of the first people I met on this site. He seemed like such a nice person, he patiently answered some pretty dumb questions I had brought up concerning music and seizures. His love and knowledge of music was amazing and inspiring.

My condolences to his family and friends as well as to those on this site who had the opportunity to know him better.

Oh no that's sad :(.

I was only thinking the other day how I hadn't seen much from Speber for a while.

My condolences to his family

Oh no :( My condolences are also passed to his family. He was such a lovely guy and I enjoyed reading his posts and threads he created. He will be sorely missed :(

Speber

his seizures kept getting worse. I do know that he was hospitalized at least once for dehydration.

We are holding a memorial service for him at our (the band, friends and family) at our favorite restaurant. He didn't want anything sad.

It was like he knew,somehow. It was an odd topic, talking about having a farewell party, and not a sad, long drawn out funeral.

A video that I had posted for his band made the paper.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/music/2011-11-23/coffee-sergeants-spencer-berry-dies/

Went to bed crying. woke up crying. Still crying.

:e: This is so wrong. Speber is so full of life and love for his family. This is not fair. We had a lot of fun talking here at CWE. :e:

For those of you who came here after Speber got back to his band and visiting here less, please go visit the Speber's Auditorium here. It will show you how kind, loving, and yes funny he could be.

I totally agreed with his theory that music can impact our epilepsy or at least help us deal with it.

:e: Rest in Peace my Friend :e:

Best bass player ever

This song is called 20 days of rain.

his song

This is one he wrote. Very laid back, Just like Speber.

He may have not wanted "sad".... but I am extremely sad.
I use to find supportive PMs in my mail box from him. They brightened my day.
The funny little creature on his avatar, the great wit he shared.
There is definitely a cloud over my world today.
My prayers are with his family, and friends.

Ooooh, how sad

I loved hearing Speber's thoughts on music and how it impacted E. He was truly funny yet his ideas were provoking, too.

Condolences to his family--it will be hard for them, I'm sure. We here at CWE will miss him terribly, too.

Shelley, please let Renee and his kids know just how much we thought of him, and send our condolences on to them.

Back
Top Bottom