adult colouring

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I not sure if I posted this before so here goes.
I was introduced to adult colouring books do not think in terms of childrens,the pencils you buy are better than ordinary ones...I have now become addicted to it..There different sorts of books meditating illness etc and they very good for people with neurological problems..
I am skyptic with all this new age stuff but thought give it a go and for an hour my mind is totally absorbed with colour.I have found it relaxing and I sure it works on brain waves apart from inner self.If you never tried it give it a go.

Bernard I not sure if I put this in right place so maybe you put it on that thread

That's interesting Seagull. You said you had a stroke, right? Sometimes people who have a stroke can't talk but they can express the exact same words if they sing them like a song. It all depends on where the stroke was in the brain. Music is processed differently than reading/writing.

Perhaps colors are in a different place in the brain too. This could be very therapeutic.

I say, if it feels good to you, go for it.
Do you have a link where other people can find these materials?

A simple google search brings up tons of adult coloring books.

I might just try one, I'm a mindless doodler and write my name over and over and over again, sometimes hundreds of times without even realizing it. With a book it would be purposeful, and pretty too.

Thanks for the idea. :)

Interesting, I have never heard of an adult coloring book. I don't draw or do much art except from music so I would have to say that would be unique and different for me.

I loved coloring books when I was a child. I did hear on a news show that coloring for adults can be therapeutic. Of course, someone in marketing has jumped on the band wagon but dollar store would suffice for me!
M

My day gone down hill doc phoned say I in renal failour and need see renal doc in respect of dialysis I take lametical and my thyroid is under active so if connection.i want try get off all my e meds and maybe nicotine replacements try cope with pains with meditation.

I use

the coloring books as well, although my partner uses them more than me, as their job is quite stressful & for them, the stress relief from coloring is quite great.

I use a variety of books, some that I get from book clubs, others that I buy at the pharmacy or at the grocery store. I use pencil....I like the shading, I find it interesting. My partner prefers markers....I can't use them as well, I just can't seem to have the same coordination!

I hope things are going a bit better for you. xx

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom