to ALL CWE members, what's your #1?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
for many of us there has been enough sadness and stress (both personal and E related) to last a lifetime. so, let's put it to bed for 2013; with only a few weeks left and them being the most important of the year, let's make positivity the new fad.

i'm asking you all to pick one thing or person, in a few simple sentences, what is your #1... even if you only have one, and even if it's yourself :) okay, go!

hands down for me it's having brain surgery, and on christmas day i'll be 142 days seizure-free. though it's still surreal and nervous at times, i made the decision to change and save my life... best one i've ever made, well above any man, friend, family member, finances, or career.

2013 was a crazy year for me but my #1 would most definitely be getting my 1st ever full time job (It only took me 19 years lol) :). For me it is the ideal dream job as it is a great working environment where we all joke about ,there is hardly any stress in my role & it has really helped me improve my sociable skills.

Heres hoping 2014 is a good year for everyone.

Last edited:
qtowngirl

Having the good people of C.W.E. to help me and my friends there.

My son.

But after the way he crushed and disappointed me this morning, he's lucky to be on my list. (Of course, I'm joking about the last part...)

with only a few weeks left and them being the most important of the year, let's make positivity the new fad.

my sweet best e friend....... draw from his positives, as there is many; i know you (and your strength) and know you can, he caused a rough day but he's ALL yours.

I know... I was just being silly, after said bad day. He is all mine, and I wouldn't trade him for anything. :)

My employer told me last month that my husband and I have company sponsored health insurance for at least another year!

I'm loving this thread! I wish I had one specific thing to call out. 2013 has felt like a good year for my friends and family, and that makes me very happy. There's been lots of love floating around, particularly for one of my sisters who got married this past summer.

Of course the year isn't over yet -- anything could happen! My Christmas date with Ryan Gosling might end up being the highlight.

Of course the year isn't over yet -- anything could happen! My Christmas date with Ryan Gosling might end up being the highlight.

oh crap he told me i was his one and only - christmas date as well ;)

nakkkkkk.... pwease.... can i have him to myself??? :woot:

For me it's learning to play the piano. it seems to be a great stress reliever for me and a great way to exercise my brain and memory cells.

:piano: :pop:

okay ladies we'll have to start a thread re: who you want to (fantasy of course :ponder:) spend christmas with. total other good thing ;) on that note we should find out if oscar, jesse and ryan are friends - a fab triple date i think!

zolt - very cool about the piano! though i don't know anything other than a sax in grade 5 i totally get how that would be stress release. cool!

Thx Qtowngirl,

I got a keyboard last christmas, a really nice one compared to the 100 dollar one i bought many many years ago. I learned christmas carols on the old one a long time ago, but with this new one, i figured i needed to learn something more substantial. Well thanks to the internet there are so many learning materials out there, that i just jumped into it.

So far I have completely learned Beethovens "Fur Else" song and now i'm working on his "Moonlight Sonata" song. I'm up to the third page now on the Moonlight song, only 12 more pages to go. I just wish i had more time to learn and play.

:piano: :pop:

I'm going to cheat and say two things. SORRY!

My friends, without them where would I be! You know who you are!

Secondly my weights, yep I love em. Working out has made me happier and motivated, a definite plus plus.

:hugs:Even though I will never be in your position KUDOS to all of us.
It could be so much worse,right?

Hey Mel,
What happened with your son? I hope you worked it out. Life is too short, and too cold.
Do you think we could get together before the holiday?
Going into medicated dreamland now.

:hugs:

Back
Top Bottom