Awesome first Purple Day experience

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Arc2012

New
Reaction score
I've been trying to post this all day but keep getting sidetracked :) I want to share with you all what happened on my first Purple Day. I didn't even know there was such a thing until I read about it on here on Sunday. Not expecting much I posted about it on Facebook and asked my friends and family to wear purple on Monday to help support the cause. I did this fairly late in the afternoon on Sunday so like I said I was expecting too many people to see it in time. Well, late Monday morning I got a text from a dear friend with a picture of her preschool class. All the kids were holding large purple papers to cover their shirts. As if that wasn't enough, she goes on to tell me that when she saw my post she put a whole lesson together for her class. She told them what Purple Day was, explained what epilepsy was, showed them pictures of famous people who have/had suffered from it, and then tells them about "the strength and courage of her dear friend" (me). She said "They think you are a hero...and so do I!" OMG, I couldn't believe it. Although I am far from being a hero, I couldn't believe she took the time to do that at the last minute! Of course I cried. Not only is it comforting to know that I have such amazing, understanding friends, it made me excited to know that one little post led to an entire preschool being educated about epilepsy! I can not wait to get started on projects for next years Purple Day...I want everyone to know about epilepsy, understand it, and accept people who have it!!!

That is awesome im glad ur friend did that we need more of that in this world.i had a good purple day as well neuro appt. And the reason it was good was everybody was wearing purple and I also informed a few people I saw about it cause I have a ribbon that is purple along with think positive inked on my forearm to remind me.

That is awesome! It brings up a younger generation with a more educational view of epilepsy and helps eradicate ignorance.
Congrats for being personally recognized! It's touching to hear a story like that.

Thanks alivenwell. Like I said I'm not any kind of a hero and many times I'm not as courageous or strong as she made it sound. I really think she's the hero for taking my small request to wear purple and turn into a teaching opportunity for her kids. And I told her and her class how amazing she was to do that! Wish more people were like that, then there wouldn't be so much ignorance in the world about these kind of things!

Hi Arc2012, My name is Cassidy Megan and I am the founder of Purple Day.
I seen your post and wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to you and your friend for all your support for Purple Day and epilepsy awareness. I think it is awesome that you joined in and that you and your friend were able to do so much so quickly.
Can you please tell your friend thank you for supporting you and Purple Day and teaching her class all about epilepsy and can you also thank her class from me as well. They did an awesome job.
I want to invite you to be a Purple Day Ambassador :) You can sign up on the official global Purple Day website. (purpleday.org)
You can also learn all about Purple Day events on the website and ways to get involved.
I look forward to working with you for Purple Day 2013.
Thank You again
Cassidy Megan :)
Founder of Purple Day

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassidy! Welcome to the best E forum in the world!!
I teared up as soon as I seen your name, it is SUCH AN HONOUR to have you join our site.
Purple Day means so much to so many of us. We were on here for weeks leading up to it and first thing that morning talking about what we were wearing for the day or what our plans were. You have such a big heart and spirit for creating such a thing, so much to be proud of.
I'm looking at a picture of you right now on the front of the E-Action magazine, picked it up at my last epileptologist appt. Cried when I read your story, just as I did a few years back when I first found out about Purple Day and its creator. The way you have helped so many fellow sufferers and the awareness you've brought to light is astounding for one who's just 13 years old.
I'm wrapping my arms around you right now giving you the biggest hug!! You're awesome girl, please stay in touch on the site and thank you for everything you've done!!

Last edited:
Wow Cassidy, just as qtown says, it is an honor to have you here with us. You are an amazing girl and have done amazing things to bring light to this truly misunderstood condition. I will certainly pass on your thanks to my friend and her class. They will be thrilled! Thank you very much for all you've done! Also thank you very much for the invitation, I will definitely check it out!

Last edited:
Yes she's awesome!!
For anyone who wants to give her a big CWE welcome check out the 'Founder of Purple Day joins CWE' thread.

Hi everybody,
Thank you for your welcomes :) and kind comments.
I am sorry I didn't respond earlier. I will definately be in more often now :)

Thank you gain everyone
<3 Cassidy Megan

Back
Top Bottom