Diagnosis

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

janet11

New
Reaction score
Hi

Found out I have a scar on my brain which caused epilepsy and that is why I have it. Had the scar since birth. Feeling sad and abnormal. Nothing against anyone with scars on their brains though. Just needed a lift up. Plus I have to take a pill I have heard has scary side effects. Keppra. :(

I have a lesion (scar) on my brain from the stroke I had 2 years ago. Its not as uncommon as you may think.
I am on 4 pills right now for my E. I see my Neuro in Sept. and if all is going ok, we will start deleting the klonopin first. If I have problems at all, it will be time to look into possible VNS surgery. I have gone through lots of meds already. Some before E as they were used as mood stabalizers a few years back for my Bipolar.

Janet11,
Nobody is "normal", we all have our own quirks [emoji12]. As for keppra it does have bad side effects but that comes with taking any meds. Not everyone, me being one of them, is majorly affected by it. Everyone reacts differently.
Chin up and charge on, I hope it all goes well for you. [emoji1]

I use to have scar tissue on my rtl but it was removed during my surgery.
I now have 2 dents in my head from my right temporal lobectomy.

:hugs:Don't be afraid. I have a scar on my brain as do many of the people you are hearing from. The doctors say if everybody had MRI's they would likely find more scars on brains.
I have led a perfectly normal life. I have been on Keppra for about 10 years and I never suffered from any of the side effects you have been reading about. I have suffered from other side effects but everybody is different. I am on 4 drugs and still having seizures but I try to focus on the positive which is very difficult sometimes.
Don't get me wrong. There is nothing fun about this but isn't it wonderful to communicate with others in the same place.
Welcome, there are some very intelligent, compassionate and supportive people right here in cyberspace.

Thanks Deeds that makes me feel a lot better. So far no side effects from Keppra. Got to quit reading negative info. They always say don't read the internet. I love this forum though such kind people. :)

the best advice I was ever given was "Stay Off the Internet".....

Hi

Found out I have a scar on my brain which caused epilepsy and that is why I have it. Had the scar since birth. Feeling sad and abnormal. Nothing against anyone with scars on their brains though. Just needed a lift up. Plus I have to take a pill I have heard has scary side effects. Keppra. :(

I also have a small scar caused by a stroke. The stroke immediately caused seizures.

I had an MRI & MRA's last week which unexpectedly showed an aneurysm. I am having a CT scan this Thursday.

I was afraid of Keppra also but only took it for 4 days before it became apparent I was allergic to it.

Back
Top Bottom