Foley catheter

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hosea

New
Reaction score
Arms and hands strapped to metal bed, must have had an encounter with Mr. E.
Let me gather myself slowly. We have all been there. My question to all, what are your thoughts about Foley and his Catheter? Yes, he named this wicked device after himself. My first encounter was horrific. I see why they straps us down. :soap: This is only a question, I've E under control now. No encounters for the past 7 months. Yet the memory of Foley lingers.

Last edited:
Awww, Hosea

I'm sooooooo sorry. That just sucks a hill o' beans. I hope you're feeling better now......

The Foley cateter is used to drain urine from us while straped down in the ER.:doctor:

Yes, I

know. Did you check your admittance papers to see WHY you were admitted, or are you assuming Mr E played his dirty tricks again?

NO, I'm doing great. No E encounter, just posing the question about Foley. Have not been to ER via red truck. Sharing thoughts with love ones, my peeps here at CWE. LOL Meetz:roflmao:

Yes, I've

had a few encounters with that nasty thing myself (Foley, I mean) over the years. Definitely NOT what I'd call enjoyable.........And no, I didn't get strapped down......

Last edited:
No Foley for me thank you.
ambulance.gif

The closest I've been was the WADA test. No one is touching my manhood without my consent.
If I need help urinating then they can put this on me.

33xa1qo.gif

I'm constantly learning here. BM131307, what does "undiagnosed suffer of Dysgraphia" means? Like I said, "I'm constantly learning here". No harm nor foul intended.

I'm constantly learning here. BM131307, what does "undiagnosed suffer of Dysgraphia" means? Like I said, "I'm constantly learning here". No harm nor foul intended.

No problem, if you click on the link in my sig. you can find out more about it. Here is some general info. about it.

Dysgraphia is a neurological disorder characterized by writing disabilities. Specifically, the disorder causes a person's writing to be distorted or incorrect. In children, the disorder generally emerges when they are first introduced to writing. They make inappropriately sized and spaced letters, or write wrong or misspelled words, despite thorough instruction.

... My question to all, what are your thoughts about Foley and his Catheter? ...

Based upon my wife's experience, the longer you get to know Mr. Foley's catheter, the more painful it is when you finally get to say good bye.

Ok. Dysgraphia is difficulty in writing from any cause (Dys- difficulty graphia - to write / draw) undiagnosed because they probably didn't have a neuro see you then and there. As for Mr. Foley's device , i'm kind of the villain here because i've spent 4 years of my life on the other end of it. Have never had to have in in me. It can be quite painful for some people while others seem to bear it just fine. The importance of catheterisation is in monitoring your urine output , which is difficult if you pee in the loo ( some patients refuse point blank to use bedpans /the plastic can thingy) . i've never had to strap my patients down for a foley cath. were you seizing ?
Things to remember re: the foley : you should not ask the doc to remove it untill you have regained sensation of urination , i.e , you can feel like peeing again . they will clamp it for a few hours to provoke this.
Feel free to PM me if you need anything

returning from seizing foley cath is what I notice first. My recation is WTH, then I notice my arms are strapped to the recovery room bed. About undiagnosed dysgraphia you've cleared a path, thx Doc. Keep your aim straight and find a cure fast for E.

Back
Top Bottom