Four seizures in one day.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
I was doing "alright", but yesterday was an absolute nightmare. I had two minor ones (short myclonic jerk and an absence), a big one (partial) about three hours later and then one in my sleep (woke up with a bitten tongue).

When I woke up, I went on Cracked (morning ritual) and on the front page there was an article that someone with epilepsy had wrote. I read through some of the comments, and it just got me even more frustrated.

I guess I'm just having one of those days.

:soap:

Before my surgery, I was having 4-5 CPs a day and their intensity increased. The one in your sleep sounds like it could have been a bit more serious since you bit your tongue. Make sure you take note of all this a show your neuro ASAP. This sounds like you need another dr. for another opinion.
Sorry you are having such a difficult time.

Before my surgery, I was having 4-5 CPs a day and their intensity increased. The one in your sleep sounds like it could have been a bit more serious since you bit your tongue. Make sure you take note of all this a show your neuro ASAP. This sounds like you need another dr. for another opinion.
Sorry you are having such a difficult time.

I'm actually seeing an actual epileptologist up in Pittsburgh. My first appt with him was last week, and he was the one who has ordered an MRI, and another 3-5 day EEG.

My appointment with my neurologist down here in VA is Christmas Eve, and my VEEG in Pittsburgh is on Jan. 14th, so I'll definitely let my new doctor aware as well.

There have been several times that I've had more than one seizure a day. When I was first diagnosed I don't know how many I may have been having in one day but I know it was quite a few. There have been a few times that I've had maybe 4 in a day.

Just yesterday I had two.

(((((Hugs)))) I feel ya. I had 5 the day before yesterday. Just starting to feel like I'm on the upswing

How are you today? We finished Christmas shopping.

My brain is still catching up, I feel like I'm visiting. Its been a long time since I got hit this hard.

I'm realizing how vulnerable I was.

I had run out of meds and was only about 2 weeks into taking them again. Then I missed like 3 days because I was so busy.

See above for the tidbit about my period.

I have a cold.

I've been stressed. Sleeping only a few hours at night, and working hard on work days.

I could feel it coming on too. My legs tingle. They had been bad for about a week, I was taking Hyland's restful legs tablets. They helped a little. I was also experiencing lots of nostalgic feelings for a day or so...my memories get so.fucked. after more than one seizure.

Maybe next time I'll put it all together before surprising the shit out if everyone.

I've been stressed. Sleeping only a few hours at night, and working hard on work days.

If these things are going on with me I'm almost guaranteed to have a seizure. When they are happening my husband and I just say to each other "Wonder when the seizure is coming?" and it usually does!

We are still pretty much newbies. My first seizures were in Jan of 2012, and I was coming up on two years free in February. We got lucky with a Med pretty early on, but then perfect storm. Hopefully now we're better prepared.

After that weekend of Hell, things have quieted down quite a bit actually. I've been in pretty good spirits, but I still have my staring spells which drive me nuts!

so sorry to hear all of this..i swear it seems like all of us got the "seizure" bug around Christmas time this year....and I had no idea a lot of you are so new at this...I have been dealing with mine for 12 years now....and it never gets any easier...I had 4 I believe on the 20th...I concentrate on trying to get through the day...getting supper on the table...and then concentrate on myself after that...that's all I can do...:)....hugs to each and every one of you! I KNOW what you are going through!

Its rough and very frusterating. I am very lucky to have a husband who is willing to not only put up with me, but he cleaned me up after pissing myself last weekend after the worst of the 5. Puked on myself after one of them too.

Ugh. This shit sucks.

Apparently I'm just losing my mind. Nothing happened last night. I was still afraid to go to sleep.

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I think the apprehension is worse than the actual seizure

Back
Top Bottom