Had a seizure on my last day at work....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

skyfire322

Stalwart
Reaction score
I've been pretty much seizure free (minus a few absence episodes) for the past week or two.

I had decided to place my notice in at my current employer because of all of the health issues I've been having, and pretty much just taking medical leave until things settle down.

Today was supposed to be my last day there. They have been a little upset (more worried than anything though) that I've missed so much time, and I wanted to leave on a good note. I tried my hardest to push myself to get there, but in the end I didn't want to risk having another one while I was there.

I know it's going to put a sour taste in their mouths, and I didn't want to leave on these terms, but it's just the nature of the beast.

skyfire322

Sorry to hear you had a seizure on your last day but like you said "it's just the nature of the beast" you have to look after yourself first.

It sounds like they will understand the circumstances. If you are worried about burning bridges, you could always call them or even send them an old-fashioned card. Sometimes that can make a big difference on both sides.

I hope the pressure will ease up now, and you can get your seizures and general health under control.

work seizure

I just passed my 1 year seizure free since a major bunch of seizures at work - absence, petite mal, grand mal. I was so embarrassed and thought my career was toast. Everyone has been so wonderful about both concern and privacy and are very understanding. I was lucky that I would work at home for a couple of months after that (was tough getting strength back, was so tired all the time) but all is well. I am sure they understand and that they don't consider any of it to be a black mark. People are much kinder than we sometimes fear. My best to you in moving on and hopefully getting sz free.

Back
Top Bottom