Lemonade anyone?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LynnW

New
Reaction score
NOTE From the Moderator:

This thread is not intended to offend people
with Epilepsy at all. If you are finding this offensive
please do not read this thread.

When Life Gives You Lemons,
Make Lemonade.

=======================================

I'm usually a "glass half empty" sort of a person, but I have lately been trying really hard to find a silver lining to all that has been happening to me lately re: my epilepsy diagnosis. You know the saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" - well, hear is my attempt at making lemonade. I hope it's not too sour. (Wow, I hope the cliche* police don't read this!)

* Should have a little accent mark over the "e" but I don't know how to do that.

1. I've been sleeping a lot better due to sedative effect of AED's.

2. I have a built-in excuse for getting out of things I don't want to do. Example: "Sorry, honey, but I can't help you fix the gutter. It would be too dangerous if I had a seizure while I was up on that ladder. (My sister thought of this one. It's supposed to be funny. Sorry if it offends anyone.)

3. I have expanded my knowledge base. Always a good thing!

4. I have met all of you really nice people!!

Anyone else have any more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great attitude!....

:clap:

:banana:

:rock:

Keeping the lemon theme going... I once received a Birthday card that said, "If life hands you lemons" Open Card "Put them in your bra! You could use all the help you can get!"

So as we sip our lemonade and enjoy our new figures here is my additions to your list.

1. I learn something new everyday.
  2. I become more compassionate everyday.
  3. I truly believe that I can help others through my knowledge.
  4. I have learned how I much I can handle and still keep moving forward.

Ok....here's some more lemonade for those of us with tonic clonics.... :)

1. I get a REALLY good workout...for free! Other people pay trainers to make them hurt as much as I do afterwards...

2. I get to dance to music only I can hear. Not my fault you can't hear it...

3. I never wanted to look like an anorexic supermodel anyway. :)

4. My hubby usually doesn't argue with me if I say I'm too tired to do anything.

5. I'm encouraged to nap. :) It's funny how you don't appreciate naps until you're an adult.

6. Earthquakes aren't nearly so frightening. :)

7. James Bond would LOVE my martinis...

And Lynn, Thank you for starting this thread....:) You have got a fantastic attitude. :)

Last edited:
I'm lovin' this thread!...

:rock:

I'm laughing so hard here my son though I
was having seizures again.

:roflmao:

1)Being born with it I grew up with an awareness of my body few others have.

2)never having been allowed to drive I've got extremely strong legs & am in better shape overall from all that walking.

3) I was the only person in class who knew the parts of the brain inside out as well as how nerves & neurons functioned.

4) on double dates we always get the back seat (actually HowdyDave thought of that but I thought it was a good one).

This thread is getting to be quite funny! And dare I say :oops: a little JUICY? :roflmao:

It's easy to tell who is educated about Epilepsy, they're the ones NOT trying to jam a spoon in your mouth.

Never have to worry about the effects of illegal drugs, our prescriptions do more!

Good stuff!

Sometimes we just have to laugh to keep ourselves from crying.

Definition

Tonic Clonic Seizure postictal state = The worst hangover you can imagine without getting to enjoy the gin and tonic!

Never have to worry about the effects of illegal drugs, our prescriptions do more!

Isn't that the truth?

===============

(I'm still laughing at some of these postings)

===============

I copied this from my files but I do not
know who the credit goes to however
unfortunately!

:(

• No, I'm not epileptic, and I didn't shake, rattle and roll. You guys had experienced an earthquake and I missed it.
  • When the Cops sees my prescriptions, they drool and wanna bust me but can't.
  • In Neurology, there are two types of Neurologists: Neurologists and Neurostupidtologists. The latter you do not wish to have or meet.
  • I'm fine trust me, it's the meds!
  • Why be normal?
  • Sure everything's in my head. That's where the central command system is. Think of me as the lovable Number 5!
  • Be friends with an epileptic, guaranteed to never having a dull moment and always full of unexpected surprises!
  • (From another person to another person with Epilepsy) What's your AEDS list like?
  • Only the epileptics gets all the spikes, waves, and the systems rolling that a normal person can't experience!

NOTE: this is a very old list

Pick-up lines between two people with E

How's it shakin babe?

Your hospital bed or mine?

I'll show you my EEG if you show me yours.

Can I buy you a script.

Wow, what a great wiggle.

You are so beautiful, I just stare off into space.

Wanna Disco Dance - no one will notice that we have E.

The next day:

What happened last night? Did I get Lucky? Damn, I don't remember again.

I'm the only one who looks like he's riding the roller-coaster ride BEFORE it has started

Heheheeeeee

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!! WHAT A HOOT!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao::roflmao:

swimming stroke for secret agents with e.....

"shaking......not stirred" or "the 007"
:bigsmile:

I've been saving on gas for years from not driving! I have enough of my own to get around!

Back
Top Bottom