for valentine's... is this in your part of the country liam??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

qtowngirl

CWE Supporter/E Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
just found this re: valentine's and thought of you.

...A four-leaf clover is often considered good luck, but it is also part of an Irish love ritual. In some parts of Ireland, if a woman eats a four-leaf clover while thinking about a man, supposedly he will fall in love with her.

hehe... bet that was your wife years ago ;)

qtowngirl

Your right that is an old saying and belief even still in some small parts of the country not so much where I live now because I live in what in Ireland is considered a very big town nearly a city :roflmao: that is so funny, people here really need to get out more. But I think you got it wrong this time, I was sneaky in how I meet my wife, did not have the neck to just say hello. Going by the last census the population was, now do not laugh, stood at 20,153.

Last edited:
qtowngirl

If you want praise, die. If you want blame, marry. or should I say you are like the headlights of a GTI now that is a bit cryptic if you do not know about cars, I think Nak might understand it, here is one you know Capall an tsaoil an grá.

I live in Florida and my only question is this: where the heck can I find a four leaf clover. I could use one. Lol!

Evamarie91

You can find a four leaf clover if you walk 20 paces due west of the back door. Would I tell you a lie.

When I had a big head injury when I was 5, I went to hospital where the surrounding lawn was filled with 4-leaf clovers. I can't decide if this was ultimately good luck for me or not. (I didn't have any seizures until 30 years later).

you are like the headlights of a GTI
Adorable!

And yes, love makes the world go 'round...

Nakamova

It must have been lucky it took 30 years, just a pity it was not 2 fields of clover. Got any ideas about "you are like the headlights of a GTI"

Well I think the headlights are adorable. Plus they're brighter, longer-lasting and they turn when you do!

Nakamova

You got it first time, I said to ask Nakamova, cannot argue with me know. It simply means you are adorable/beautiful just like a GTI

My brother-in-law is restoring a vintage red 1958 Alfa Romeo. I think he believes the ultimate compliment would be comparing someone to that...

Nakamova

Try and convince him to restore something else please.

I grew up in central IL. We had lots of clover in our back yard (it was considered a weed back there). We would look for hours, between drinks and supper, with friends for four leaf clovers during the summer. Of course they were mostly 3 leaf. Mom would always say she didn't have to call lawn killer when there were 7 of us and all our friends picking clover. I'm sure it was a sight as a parent. We looked at it as a gold mine! :)

An entire field of four leaf clovers? I thought they were a legend after much study in the field. (read as: I spent vast amounts of my childhood looking for them in three leaf clover fields and never found one.) ;-)

kirsten

You will get it very hard to find a four leaf clover in a field of ordinary clover. But you can find it.

Back
Top Bottom