You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lol.... sorry :p I think I may have also over-dosed on the coffee tonight too - I am sure I only had one... but the milk is half way down??!!!

*hugs*

You know you have epilepsy when you are in the hardest class ever with the hardest teacher ever where everybody (and I'm not even exaggerating this) is literally failing the class and jumps up and down for joy when they are finally getting a 71.00% and you apparently mumble "You suck," under your breath instead of answering the question you were asked (in complete silence with everyone staring at you) and then don't even remember doing it.

(they need a smilie for bashing your head into a wall)

You know you have epilepsy when you are in the hardest class ever with the hardest teacher ever where everybody (and I'm not even exaggerating this) is literally failing the class and jumps up and down for joy when they are finally getting a 71.00% and you apparently mumble "You suck," under your breath instead of answering the question you were asked (in complete silence with everyone staring at you) and then don't even remember doing it.

(they need a smilie for bashing your head into a wall)

yep, happens to me all the time

You know you have Epilepsy when after dinner, you go to place a stack of washed dishes in the refrigerator instead of the cabinet and your partner doesn't ask you what you're doing because you've done stranger things before.

You know you have epilepsy when you can never leave home just once.

Oop, forgot my...oop, better wear my...oop gotta take the...

Once I was blessed with the love of the world's kindest woman, and even she could not bear with grace this all-too-predictable and evidently but inexplicably unavoidable delay to every outing together.

Last edited:
You know you have epilepsy when you stupidly zone out when preparing roast pototoes and splatter hot fat all over your arm and NOT the potatoes.

Grrr... whatever next :mad:

Not joking: did you put an ice pack on it or ice cubers of some sort?

:S Ran plenty of cold water over it for about ten minutes. I did initially put a dressing on it but it fell off. All is not lost however, as I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow (had to cancel my Friday appointment - 3rd time lucky re: kidney pain), so will get him to have a look at it then. It's weird - it's like a splatter shape - but I have one huge blister about an inch and a half long and half an inch at it's widest point. Very, very painful.

*hugs* and thank you McGill for asking xx

If you're able to put some ice cubes into a baggie and then put the smaller baggie into a larger one to stop the water from dripping, that should help you, even with the blister. I'd keep ice on it for as long as I could and have this warpped in a towel near the burnt part of your arm. (I don't mean all night; I mean for periods of 10 - 15 min. @ a time.)

You know you have epilepsy when your 11 year old son who has epilepsy to, says " where is your brain today mom?" just because you ask a question twice. Or he sais Just follow my directions mom, and everything will be ok. lol

you know you have epilepsy if you wake up to somebody asking for your medical insurance.

You know you have epilepsy if you have a seizure one day and the doctor says you have epilepsy the next.:ponder:

You know you have Epilepsy when your son says," Mom I'm sorry your brain is being stupid today!" :(

You know you have Epilepsy when you get hurt, and your reaction time in EVEN noticing it, is no quicker than two mins... and then you can't even remember HOW you got hurt!!

You know you have epilepsy when you wake up hungry at 3am. You have to check with the kids that you made dinner last night, and they tell you that you scraped yours into the bin and they thought you just weren't hungry! On the plus side though, at least i DID feed them, it could have been worse! And is your arm any better Tempus?

You know you have epilepsy when reading that epileptics can lead a normal life leaves you feeling depressed and a bit betrayed.

And is your arm any better Tempus?

Aww... thanks Loudmouth. Saw the doctor earlier (unrelated) and I am now sporting a lovely dressing! lol :paperbag: Will have to change it daily, but it feels so much better now :D

You know you have epilepsy when reading that epileptics can lead a normal life leaves you feeling depressed and a bit betrayed.

I feel your pain xx

You know you have Epilepsy when you get hurt, and your reaction time in EVEN noticing it, is no quicker than two mins... and then you can't even remember HOW you got hurt!!

I do that all the time. I have bruises all up and down my arms and legs. Sometimes I think that my friends (or maybe, but hopefully not, my teachers) think I'm getting beaten. I try to wear jeans and sweatshirts to cover up any hurt areas, but sometimes I can't help it, like how I went to Homecoming this Saturday and wore a dress that only went down to a little above my knees, though it was totally cute (of course though they had a flashing light. my school, idk what you'd call her but like this administrator that deals with these kinds of things like epilepsy and stuff, told me that there wouldn't be a strobe light, but apparently they think that a disco ball with pictures of castles flashing on the wall repeatedly was okay. maybe do a little more research next time, people!).

Back
Top Bottom