You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You end up in the hospital with your arms and legs tied together on a Tuesday night. Then unfortunately not coming too until Friday afternoon. People let's make sure not to forget to take our meds so we end up doing something stupid the next day. Such as myself where after eating breakfast adding an unnecessary antibiotic to my regular morning dosage of medications. Which would soon having me puke throughout the day. Eventually ending up throwing a couple good punches on my mother, (luckily not to her face as I did bruise her arms pretty good :() After being totally unaware of what I was doing for most of the day my mother finally took me to emergency. Not fun being down in ICU for a day and a half totally gone. Then when coming too, being transferred to a room where I would spend the rest of the until the next day. Lucky getting out on a Saturday as my neurologist was off. Anyway, thought I'd share my fun last week and to mention it's never fun to miss a dosage of your medication. As you see you never know what could happen.

You know your epileptic when you ask your mom, sister, and brother in law to learn CPR so you feel more comfortable.
(Luckily my dad is an RN because I tend to clamp down so hard that you can't get my mouth open and have to perform it through my nose)

Yep, when it comes the uncomfortable time (but you need to not be uncool about it) to teach your 12 year old son what to do in the event of a seizure. He loves me a lot but i know he would rather not think about that. And the fear he has of death etc. But i believe everyone should know more and be aware of what to do.

wow, nose cpr, that's a different thought for me,

since I developed epilepsy, I have had to rescue at least 3-5 people I can remember, and been asked to turn my back on several more because I lost all of my licenses and stuff. these days i just put people in recovery positions on their side and tell people to call 911 and quit taking pictures. Keep remembering I lead a strange life.

Last edited:
Yes, I didn't want to scare anyone. But my dad is an intensive care room nurse and he said my seizures are pretty bad and if he hadn't been around and known how to do nose CPR then I would be gone on multiple occasions... I too hate the idea of asking but I hate the thought of something bad happening, epilepsy has ruined enough.

You know you are epileptic when you buy plastic bed wetting sheets to protect your mastress from peeing the bed.

You know epilepsy is a daily part of your life when the hospital won't tell you why your husband is STILL in recovery after an op when he should have been back on the ward long ago.

After much worrying, you later find out it was because he'd had a seizure coming round and you think "is that all? why didn't you just say so?".

You know you have e if you wake up with your shorts aound your ankles in the bathroom and your tongue hurts and you don't even know what day it is or you just sitting there moaning with a migrane.

You read stuff you wrote on FaceBook and reread it later and realize even you don't know what you meant.

when you have several medic alert bracelets to match different outfits.

Wake up in a hospital with just a gown butt naked and no idea how you got there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom