PLEASE READ: Health Care provisions in Stimulus plan.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Junebug

New
Reaction score
No matter how much you want the Stimulus bill to pass, please read this, it is really important to me and to you.

I'm not trying to stir anything up but I do think this is something that, at the very least, needs to be debated in Congress and I think you'll agree, no matter your political persuasion.

Some of us already have to fight doctors who think that certain treatments aren't "worth it" for our kids. Now, we'll have to fight the federal government.

This is going to affect so many people and nobody is talking about it.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_mccaughey&sid=aLzfDxfbwhzs

I’ve long worried that the lives of the elderly and the disabled would become expendable, and it looks like we’re poised to put in place the mechanism for the government to block treatment for people who are elderly or whose treatment isn’t considered “cost effective.”

These major changes in our health care should be matters of public review and discussion, not something that is snuck in the back door in a rushed bill.

If this bothers you, at all. Please contact Senators Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter. They are the only ones who can stop the stimulus bill today. You can email, call or fax.

You can also contact your state's U.S. Senators. If it really bugs you, I would contact everyone you can.

SENATOR SUSAN COLLINS
DC PHONE: (202) 224-2523
DC FAX: (202) 224-2693
AUGUSTA PHONE: (207) 622-8414
AUGUSTA FAX: (207) 622-5884
EMAILS TO CONTACT:
Steve_Abbott@collins.senate.gov
Holly_Nesbit@collins.senate.gov

SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE
DC PHONE: (202) 224-5344
DC FAX: (202) 224-1946
BOSTON PHONE: (207) 622-8292
BOSTON FAX: (207) 622-7295
EMAILS TO CONTACT:
John_Richter@snowe.senate.gov
Anna_Levin@snowe.senate.gov

SENATOR ARLEN SPECTER
DC PHONE: (202) 224-4254
DC FAX: (202) 228-1229
HARRISBURG PHONE: (717) 782-3951
HARRISBURG FAX: (717) 782-4920
EMAILS TO CONTACT:
Scott_Hoeflich@specter.senate.gov
Maria_Plakoudas@specter.senate.gov
Christopher_Bradish@specter.senate.gov
thomas_dower@specter.senate.gov
seema_singh@specter.senate.gov
corene_ashley@specter.senate.gov
regina_campbell@specter.senate.gov
gayle_mills@specter.senate.gov

To find your state's Senators, use this website:

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm If this means anything to you or a family member as I'm sure it will, please contact these Senators. It is the only way to save our health care system for the disabled and the elderly. These healthcare provisions, and many others too, have been hidden in the Stimulus bill intentially, please let your senators know that and please fwd this email to the contacts on your email list.

Thank you,
Brandi

I have not been in favor of the bill from the start....I don't think a $500 check is anything to shut me up...but you would be surprised about the attitude of most morons in this country!

LOL...now now...I too don't agree with the stimulus package...but probably for reasons different then most.

Brandi- thank you for bringing this to my attention. I too would hate to see government officials deciding what kind of medical treatment is available to me...but then again if they're willing to pay hundreds of dollars for a toilet seat, they might be willing to give me cadillac treatment too! Just joking....:)

Last edited:
I couldn't read this article. Could you repost the link because I'm very interested in this?

Hi Brandi

As you know the bill passed. I had been doing research on SE and came up with some information about myself. I have had status epilepticus 2 times now. I am not getting any younger.

I was not for or against the bill. I do not take sides. I am neutral.

This Stimulus Bill I was never for and now after reading it just ticks me off.
my medical treatments be tracked electronically.
That I really don't like.

Belinda:e::ponder::twocents:

Belinda

I did not know that. My husband pays for my medical out of his retirement check. Thank you for telling me that. I do not like it either.

Ruth

Ruth ,
Your very welcome and I'm glad I did read about the stimulus bill.
I'm not very happpy about it, an dsince I'm on SSDI I get medicaid .
This bill really is the pits.
Belinda

Back
Top Bottom