another video EEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
I just came back from the twin cities, my appointment was yesterday, we stayed at my Uncles because my Dad n I didn't want to deal with the traffic coming back and he wanted to work on my Uncles Trans-Am, a nice looking car too!

My dr was not really shocked that I'm still having seizure's. He want's me to do another video EEG in the next couple of months to see what they missed when I had the surgery done.

He's also talking about implanting a RNS to see how that would work with my seizure's.

I have no problem with the idea, but my Father got scared thinking that they were going to take out more brain and then put the device in lol. My dr explained that it would just sit on my brain, but he was still scared. I had to tell him that it's like the shunts my Twin has on her brain help her out everyday, they just sit on her brain, that the RNS would do the same for me. And he relaxed after that.

Make sure you research the RNS. People have had mixed success with implants.

Back
Top Bottom