Craniosynostosis

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Cint

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother's little grandson, now six months old, is going in for a craniosynostosis tomorrow morning. That is where the infant is born with a skull that is shaped abnormally. In his case, it is growing like a pointed head and if they don't go in and operate, the brain will not have room to grow as the baby grows and can eventually lead to brain damage, which can lead to major problems. Seizures could be one. My niece is scared to death for her little baby. I can't say I blame her. I don't think I could take it either if it were my baby. Glad it was me and neither of my kids when I had brain surgery. It's so different when the shoe is on the other foot.

The surgery is a 4 hour procedure, then he will be in ICU for a day. When he goes home after a day or two, he will have to wear a little helmet for 3 months while his head heals. Poor little guy. :(

Hi Cint, That sounds like a pretty scary thing. I will hold good thoughts for your whole family, and I hope the docs have gotten to it soon enough that there won't be any lasting effects. Please keep us posted on how things go. Best to you all.

I'm sorry to hear about your brothers grandson. :( I know it must be scary.

I've known several sweet babies that have gone through the same surgery with amazing results. Those little helmets are so dang cute.

I'll be thinking about your lil guy.

Back
Top Bottom