Need support??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

photoguy

New
Reaction score
After some PM-ing, I know a few of you, out "there", are going down the path to surgery. Keep us updated, we're here to help and lend support...

You have my support and I hope you have a very successful surgery.
I'm behind anyone who can get there seizures under control or stopped all together.
Belinda5000

Thanks photoguy! After visual field testing tomorrow, my daughter will have completed the first steps in her surgery evaluation. She completed neuropsych testing at the end of February, and we will be meeting with them in 2 1/2 weeks for the report from those tests. At that point her neuro will be re-presenting her case to the surgery team.

So hopefully we will have news in just a few weeks!

After left temporal lobe removal in 95 I had 2 more surgeries - I have surgeries and original dates listed in my signature.

I can proudly say the seizures can now be managed with low medicine dosage and maintenance of the two stims.

Had RTL surgery at the end of March.
So far so good!!
No seizures and I was able to return to work after about 8 weeks.
No driving yet, but hoping to get my license back next year.

I have some other details in my profile.
Basically, my short term memory isn't like it used to be, but it's still good enough for me to continue working and be awesome at my job. I just use a few more sticky notes.
I lost some upper peripheral vision.
I hadn't even noticed until the doctors started waving their hands in front of me at one of my follow-up appointments.
It's nothing that will have an impact on everyday life.

Swelling after surgery was an issue, but the doctors gave me great pain and anti-nausea medication while I was in the hospital. I think it subsided within a week of my surgery.

Good luck to anyone considering surgery.

Knightsgirl

Back
Top Bottom