Some of the most important things you bring...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
When you have a week long veeg? What are they everyone? I'll be having one in two weeks & we're trying to get ready so we can make sure we bring everything! Hope I created this topic in the right place!

When you have a week long veeg? What are they everyone? I'll be having one in two weeks & we're trying to get ready so we can make sure we bring everything! Hope I created this topic in the right place!

It's a EEG test that you have in the hospital for 3-7 days. While there you are also
on video.

Prep & supplies:

If possible shave your head, or cut your hair as short as possible. Because the cement/glue they use to add the leads/electrodes is a real PITA to get out.

You will not be able to shower while there. But you can sponge bath. Make sure you
bring your toiletries (soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc).

Bring button down shirts (once the leads/electrodes are attached you can't pull anything over your head), lounge pants/shorts, pajamas, slippers, magazines, puzzle books, a deck of cards, old cd player, friends/family to visit with you, etc.

Only bring non-essential items. If they get damaged, it's no big issue

I wouldn't bring any high-priced expensive things with you. IE: laptops, taplets,
ipods, etc. One they might not allow it any way. Two you may end up breaking
them if you have a seizure. Three there is a chance they might "walk away".
Just remember why you are there in the first place. It's nice having all your tech goodies available, but whenlimbs go flapping about things can break.

Food wise they want to get your body revved up. So expect access to
sugar & caffeine.

I hope this helps. :) Good Luck.

BIGMAN131307 said it perfectly. I've been through 3 VEEGs in the past year. I don't suffer from TC's, just partials, so having a PC/tablet was my solace (lots and lots of movies, all the time -- daytime TV is rough)

Best of luck to you!!!

Thank you both so much! I've had petite-mal seizures my whole life so I have lost count of how many eegs & veegs I've had! But I just can't ever remember the most important things to bring with me lol. Want to make sure I have everything since the hospital is 2 hours away eek.

Back
Top Bottom