Autism & Epilepsy & General Epilepsy Experiences

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When living in Arizona, 1990s, I belonged to a support group for people who had seizures. One of our members was actually labeled as schizophrenic. However, his "schizophrenic episodes" were so like those of complex seizures, auditory, olfactory, and visual hallucinations, we just welcomed him into our group where he fit right in with the rest of us. For years I had an auditory hallucination\seizure in which I heard beautiful flute music. I'm glad I stopped having seizures, but sometimes I miss the music. I'm glad you've joined us.

The brains of schizophrenics (and their relatives, who are not schizophrenic) show more activity throughout the brain than their non-schizophrenic counterparts. This suggests more connections, or unusual connections in schizophrenics. It is postulated that some schizophrenics become schizophrenics because of neural overload. Schizophrenia provides a way to organize things into a manageable world in an otherwise unorganized world. An immoral world equals an unorganized world. More schizophrenics are likely to be the result of such a world.

I can certainly see how a schizophrenic could fit right in.

The brains of schizophrenics (and their relatives, who are not schizophrenic) show more activity throughout the brain than their non-schizophrenic counterparts. This suggests more connections, or unusual connections in schizophrenics. It is postulated that some schizophrenics become schizophrenics because of neural overload. Schizophrenia provides a way to organize things into a manageable world in an otherwise unorganized world. An immoral world equals an unorganized world. More schizophrenics are likely to be the result of such a world.

I can certainly see how a schizophrenic could fit right in.

As a schizoaffective epileptic, your group would have been perfect for me - I could relate both to psychosis and to seizures.

:agree:Angel,

The stuff I read about the Miralx, convinced me not to take it, for any reasons. Keep us posted on what you find out that works. I'm looking up natural bulking agents and will do the same,

My Daughter has no dramas with constipation.
However..

One of my twin sons continues to require more of the natural products to promote regular bowel actions. (Now I have identical twins the other has no issues of constipation so work that out):ponder:

What I have found that worked for him involves the various products as follows.
First and foremost the diet needs to have foods that encourage the bulk no bulk the problem will not be solved by laxatives.

I asked for feedback in the past with my medical nutritionist with this issue for my Son. I use the following products daily.

*Vitamin C ( use the powdered Hesperidin complex) has a long standing reputation for immune support but Vit C does increase gastric motility. The dosage needs to be guided by professional support. So I don't wish to provide actual dosages as they can vary to individuals. **Be careful too much can cause loose bowels. so this product has a dual role immunity and bowel support.

* Aloe vera Juice is also used for IBS use the 99.7% pure products if you don't like its taste it can be mixed with some juice. I use this on my girl also.

In Australia there is a product called "Metamucil " its a daily fibre supplement its made with natural psyllium it also aims to promote healthy cholesterol levels. So I aim to use it as the bulker.

Don't forget the usual laxatives like prunes and using prune juice.

Please note what works for my Son may or may not work for others.
Its about trialling something that aims to be less harsh to the bowels as opposed to the big guns of enemas and suppositories which can be very harsh to those who have to have them.

Very, very true. You've nailed the trouble I've been having recently. I've recently changed mood stabilisers, and I'm still on a sub-therapeutic dose of the new one. Because of that shake-up, my Asperger's (yes, I know that that's a deprecated term, but I find "autism" insulting - look up the etymology) has been worsening, and I find myself increasingly unable to communicate with anybody but fellow Asperger's sufferers. My father in particular has become unbearable. You know how most people, when they're trying to explain something possibly worrisome or problematic, talk very slowly and softly, and give the subject a long preamble? That causes no end of tension and anxiety for me. Twice today my father has had talks with me in that manner, and finally I had to try to explain that I need him to talk quickly, directly, and explicitly to get the matter over with - I used the metaphor of pulling off a plaster. He insisted that, if he talked slowly, things would stick in my memory more (I have a dreadful memory). I tried to explain again, and he kept interrupting. Eventually I told him that I needed silence for a while, and he took offence. He's been to several seminars and classes about caring for Asperger's people, yet he still doesn't twig a thing. I desperately need to move out and move in with my boyfriend - the only person I've ever known and ever will know who understands me.

Yes, there is the Classic Autism and Aspergers Disorder.
Unlike the Classic Autism (which my girl has) there is average to superior intellectual capabilities and no delays in language development.

I dislike the term of "low functioning and high functioning " labels it sounds so robotic. Everybody has feelings no matter how different it is expressed by individuals.

Yes, we parents need to work hard to understand the workings of what you are feeling and to try to meet that place of acceptance. Sometimes, yes we are guilty of wanting what we want not what you need.

So we do need to ask
"how do we help you?"

My girl is a non verbal communicator. She uses some facial expressions and gestures to get her message across, however she relies heavily on others to interpret these cues.

I have gone to some fabulous seminars that have talks by those who have Aspergers some great insights by what they actually feel.

Not sure if you have read up on Temple Grandin.

Its opened my mind. :)

We still have a long way to go. :rock:
There is still some negative instances of people on the spectrum not being helped and understood.
There is no shame we need to speak more openly.
Therefore she has what is called VTL( Vantage Lite) to directly express her wants and needs to others to reduce her frustration.

Funny you should mention gut trouble and OCD - I have some OCD traits, such as near-pathological superstitions, personifying inanimate objects (at one point when I was 14-ish the space underneath my bed was packed out with empty alcohol cans and bottles because I didn't want to "harm" them by throwing them out), and an obsession with numerology coupled with slight dyscalculia (though I believe the dyscalculia may be antipsychotic or benzo-related, or perhaps brain damage from seizures, as I was very good with maths as a child). As for gut trouble, I have chronic stomach aches. Since becoming a vegetarian it has cleared up a little - I think my ARFID tendency to eat leaves, yoghurt, and cold chicken every day for every meal gave me something of a macronutrient imbalance, and now that I've cut out the overly proteined things my stomach aches have improved greatly - but my stomach still does hurt if I eat more than about 200g of anything at once.

The reason I mention the OCD is I have noticed with feedback from other parents there is some with some obsessive behaviours .
eg
My girl has this need to always when she is in the bathroom to put the towels a certain way. She is obsessed with cheese I have to hide it in the fridge she would eat the whole 250g pack if she saw it.

Some behaviours as you have described are phases which change to something else.

Autsm, Seizures, CEASE homeopathic treatment

Hello,
I hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving-wish I could be in San Diego!

While searching for some information on seizures and autism symptoms, an interesting page turned up on a homeopathic therapy for autism. I did not go too far into it, but saw seizures mentioned too. There may be some good contacts on this site as well. Cheers everyone.

http://www.cease-therapy.com/
https://alexautismoysurecuperacion.wordpress.com/cease-therapy/

While searching for some information on seizures and autism symptoms, an interesting page turned up on a homeopathic therapy for autism. I did not go too far into it, but saw seizures mentioned too. There may be some good contacts on this site as well. Cheers everyone.

http://www.cease-therapy.com/
https://alexautismoysurecuperacion.wordpress.com/cease-therapy/

Do be careful with homeopathy. The whole concept of it is based on 2 laws that contradict basic physics.

The first is that Like cures Like. This makes absolutely no sense.
Homeopathy, a 200-year-old tradition from Germany, is based on two principles: "like cures like" and "law of infinitesimals," stating that medicine becomes stronger as it is diluted. Miniscule amounts of, say, poison ivy can cure diaper rash; snake venom can cure joint stiffness.

The second is that the smaller the dose the more powerful it becomes so homeopathy is highly diluted, usually to the point that there is little chance of even 1 molecule of the original substance in the potion.
Homeopathy was developed before knowledge of molecules. The "medicine" is added to water and is mixed and diluted over and over again. A typical homeopathic treatment might be diluted to 30X, which means one molecule of medicine in a million trillion trillion (10^30) molecules of water.
http://www.livescience.com/1738-homeopathy-folly-watery-memory.html

There have also been numerous studies that have shown homeopathy to have no effect beyond that of a placebo.
CONCLUSIONS: The findings of currently available Cochrane reviews of studies of homeopathy do not show that homeopathic medicines have effects beyond placebo.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20402610

Since CEASE therapy is based on Homeopathy I wouldn't expect it to work too well. Here is a doctor refuting the CEASE therapy. http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/04/17/cease-and-desist-subjecting-autistic-chi/

Last edited:
Epileric,
Making that post does not imply I embrace homeopathic medicine, so don't imply that I do. There are multiple ways to approach medical issues, all of which have their positives and negatives. The purpose of the post was to share information on one of these approaches whether I agree with it or not.

Don't hijack this thread by turning it into a discussion of whether one method works or not. If that's what you want to discuss, start a separate thread. Thank you,
Zoe

Epileric,
Making that post does not imply I embrace homeopathic medicine, so don't imply that I do. There are multiple ways to approach medical issues, all of which have their positives and negatives. The purpose of the post was to share information on one of these approaches whether I agree with it or not.

Don't hijack this thread by turning it into a discussion of whether one method works or not. If that's what you want to discuss, start a separate thread. Thank you,
Zoe

Sorry Zoe, whether you embrace it or not is irrelevant to what I was pointing out. Implying that you do or do not embrace homeopathy was not my intent.

I am not hijacking this thread, I'm discussing something you brought up. Like you said the purpose is to share information & that's exactly what I'm also doing. You can't say that the purpose is to share information on a treatment but not share information as to whether or not it works.

Last edited:
Its important to be pragmatic with anything and keep looking and researching.

For those who are parents we do want to raise healthy and happy children. When there exists a child with ill-health or disability there is ranges of grieving reactions.
Families with children of ASD, often feel especially stigmatised and crave for greater understanding from society.
All those typical developmental milestones do go out the window when it involves Autism / Aspergers , communication, diet, appropriate behaviour and social skills is a big deal challenge

What I do know is that people who research and actively advocate are less likely to feel less frustration and isolation.

Its lateral thinking.

There is brain foods and brain poisons.
The most contentious issues arise that toxic insults with heavy metals either cause this or add vulnerability to it.
Many research groups have challenged the mainstream medicine that Autism is just a mental illness.
There is too many ASD individuals with issues of the bowel to ignore.

Why is there a percentage of people on the spectrum with epilepsy issues??

The immunology and gastroenterology systems are linked what we choose to eat does have positive and negative consequences.

ASD and epilepsy knows no bounds, transcending ethnic, cultural, economic and geographic boundaries.
We are all united in a quest to improve our lives.

Last edited:
Below are a few upbeat links on treating those with autism and epilepsy:

New Jersey Teen with Epilepsy and Autism Wins Right to Take ...
People Magazine-Nov 17, 2015
Genny Barbour, a New Jersey teen with epilepsy and autism, will return to school full time after winning the fight to have the medical marijuana ...

http://www.people.com/article/new-jersey-teen-genny-barbour-wins-fight-medical-marijuana-school

And some recent news on music as medicine.

Opera Singer Turned Neuroscientist Uses Music as Medicine for ...
The Epoch Times-Nov 26, 2015
When you look at schizophrenia and autism, they both have a .... Just five minutes of this piano concerto stops epilepsy significantly, even in ...

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/190...sic-as-medicine-for-dementia-autism-and-more/

On this one, it may be worth the effort to do more searching on the role taking Valproate may play in fetal neurological development.

The Relationship Between Autism And Epilepsy
Science 2.0-Apr 6, 2015
1 to 1.5 percent of the global population has epilepsy, about 50 million ... that between 20 to 35 percent of children with autism haveepilepsy.

http://www.science20.com/news_articles/the_relationship_between_autism_and_epilepsy-154636

I agree with Epileric in that the premise of homeopathy is wrong. If the premise (foundation) is wrong, there is a good chance that everything built upon that premise is wrong.

I recently began reading a naturopathic book, "Live Right 4 (for) Your Type," and I observed the same flawed premise. (I quit reading the book.)

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

If we are willing to weed through these errors, something can be learned from these alteratives, nevertheless.

Last edited:
BlondeAngel,

There are certain people groups that are not as affected by autism as other groups. I am thinking of one people group in particular in the US whose population is far less likely to suffer from autism. I think there are certain behaviors that this people group engages in which helps to prevent autism.

The brain textbook I am reading supports some of Zoe's posts. I am thinking in particular about music and the brain.

I can remember a concert I watched on PBS. I had to close my eyes to listen to it (because of the flashing lights). It was the strangest thing. The particular song I was listening to provoked seizures, but they were pleasant, almost euphoric. (It was British Pink Floyd. I am also fond of Australian Pink FLoyd as well.)

Last edited:
Hi Michael,
What is the title of the book you are reading? What are the pros and cons?
The type of seizure you described, triggered by music is one of a type of seizures called reflex. Noises, like an alarm or telephone ringing used to set off some of mine. All the information below also applies to those with ASD.

You may want to try this Google search, “musicogenic epilepsy reflex seizures”

Here are a few results. Do you keep a seizure journal? Making notes about your seizures may help you find a pattern to them and suggest ways to stop or avoid them.

Seizures triggered by lights are called photosensitive seizures. I have known a few people who were able to stop this type seizure by wearing colored lenses in the places where the seizures were triggered, such as in grocery stores.

Musicogenic seizures can arise from multiple temporal lobe ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...

National Center for Biotechnology Information
by TF Tayah - ‎2006 - ‎Cited by 17 - ‎Related articles
Musicogenic seizures can arise from multiple temporal lobe foci: intracranial EEG ...seizures in three patients with medically intractable musicogenic epilepsy were ...Reflex/physiopathology; Epilepsy, Reflex/surgery; Epilepsy, Temporal Lobe/ ...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16922888

Musicogenic Seizures | Epilepsy Ontario
epilepsyontario.org/musicogenic-seizures/

A musicogenic seizure is reflex epilepsy triggered by certain types of music or even specific frequencies of pitch for which the person's brain has a low threshold ...

http://epilepsyontario.org/musicogenic-seizures/

Reflex Epilepsy: Overview, Pathophysiology, Epidemiology
emedicine.medscape.com/article/1187259-overview

Medscape
Aug 21, 2013 - Reflex epilepsy is a condition in which seizures can be provoked habitually by an external stimulus or, less commonly, internal mental ...

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1187259-overview

You may also want to do a Google search on “photosensitive seizures”

Photosensitive epilepsy | Epilepsy Society
www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/ph...

NSE The National Society for Epilepsy
The triggers and treatment for photosensitive epilepsy where seizures are triggered by flashing lights or contrasting light and dark patterns.
http://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/photosensitive-epilepsy

Autistic Children with Epilepsy are Often Sensitive to Light ...
www.emaxhealth.com › Mental Health › Autism

Dec 9, 2011 - However, when epilepsy is combined with autism, researchers have found photosensitivity to be much more common. Epilepsy is common in ...

http://www.emaxhealth.com/1506/autistic-children-epilepsy-are-often-sensitive-light

Reflex Epilepsy - AboutKidsHealth
www.aboutkidshealth.ca › ... › Epilepsy Syndromes

About Kids Health
epilepsy with reflex seizures; sensory precipitation epilepsy; stimulus sensitive ... this is called musicogenic epilepsy; certain sounds; this is called audiogenic ...

http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/en/re.../epilepsysyndromes/pages/reflex-epilepsy.aspx

Hi Zoe,

The name of the book I am reading is called "The Human Brain Book," by Rita Carter. It is quite elaborate. It was given to me by the librarian where I use to live. She knew I have trouble processing (new) information, and that it takes me considerable time to get through books, so she bought it for me. I am a very visual learner; the book is loaded with scans and pictures.

I can't say I am looking for the pros and cons of it. There is so much useful information that I will likely reread it once I am done with it. It is "An Illustrated Guide To Its (the brains) Structure, Function, And Disorders."

My phone ringer is turned off; my door belll is unplugged. (I have posted on both audiogenic and photosensitive seizure threads before.)

I used to keep a seizure/fall journal, so I have figured out all of my triggers. The list is long, and unusual, or what some might call extreme. My seizure threshold is very low; my nervous system is extremely excitable (genetic expansion of ZNF9 or CNBP finger on chromosome 3). Avoiding triggers/managing my external environment is key.

Thanks for the additional information--ie. reflex as well as musicogenic seizures.

Hi michael,
Even though I no longer have seizures, I too, have the phone turned off, don't use a cell phone, use foam board in my apartment windows to minimize noise, and have no television-a lot of brain injury leaves me hypersensitive still to noise.

It was nice of the librarian to give you the book. When I have good books like that I post sticky notes in them to mark important points so I can come back to them later. I keep them around as references to use over and over again.

By the way, I read your profile and have some thoughts about what you wrote. Should i send you a pm?

Its important to be pragmatic with anything and keep looking and researching.

For those who are parents we do want to raise healthy and happy children. When there exists a child with ill-health or disability there is ranges of grieving reactions.
Families with children of ASD, often feel especially stigmatised and crave for greater understanding from society.
All those typical developmental milestones do go out the window when it involves Autism / Aspergers , communication, diet, appropriate behaviour and social skills is a big deal challenge

What I do know is that people who research and actively advocate are less likely to feel less frustration and isolation.

Its lateral thinking.

There is brain foods and brain poisons.
I don’t think that’s lateral thinking. It’s more creating a false dichotomy by treating everything either as brain food or poison. Anything can be harmful in large amounts. Pears, grapes, carrots, cucumbers and many other fruits & vegetables are known to healthy yet all have amounts of formaldehyde in them.
As a metabolic intermediate, formaldehyde is present at low levels in most living organisms. Formaldehyde can be found naturally in food up to the levels of 300 to 400 mg/kg, including fruits and vegetables (e.g. pear, apple, green onion), meats, fish (e.g., Bombay-duck, cod fish), crustacean and dried mushroom, etc
http://www.cfs.gov.hk/english/programme/programme_rafs/programme_rafs_fa_02_09.html
I agree it is unhealthy to ingest large amounts of it but to think in black & white by putting everything into a poison or food category would cause someone to avoid healthy foods

The most contentious issues arise that toxic insults with heavy metals either cause this or add vulnerability to it.

Despite many alternative therapies claiming “toxic metals” or “toxins” as a scapegoat for a number of illnesses, there is yet to be any valid study to show that they are responsible for Autism.
Can autism be detected by testing for "toxins" in the blood? (And by implication, in the brain?) No. The folk that so proclaim have no evidentiary basis. There are labs that claim to test for autism and other conditions from blood samples and other biological samples. Even Fox News (Fox News!) have condemned them.
http://lizditz.typepad.com/i_speak_of_dreams/2014/02/is-it-true-that-autistic-folk-have-toxins-in-their-bloodstreams-and-their-brains.html
Autism has been associated with the mother drinking or taking certain drugs but not from “toxins” in the effected children themselves.

Many research groups have challenged the mainstream medicine that Autism is just a mental illness.

What training & experience do those groups have in studying Autism? People trying to flog unproven medicine often say that “Doctors said…” or “this, that or the other group has said…” but usually those are a minority that oppose scientific consensus & whose claims have been discarded for lack of evidence.
In the hierarchy of scientific principles, the scientific consensus – collective opinion and judgement of scientific experts in a particular field – is an important method to separate real scientific thought from junk science, pseudoscience, cargo cult science, and other fake beliefs.
http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/scientific-consensus-collective-opinion-scientists/

There is too many ASD individuals with issues of the bowel to ignore.
ASD is associated with increased bowel issues but why do you assume that is a cause & not a result of ASD?

Why is there a percentage of people on the spectrum with epilepsy issues??
Both pathologies are associated with the neurological system so I don’t see any reason not to expect an increase in the likelihood of epilepsy seizures in people with ASD.

The immunology and gastroenterology systems are linked what we choose to eat does have positive and negative consequences.
That is true but despite an association, neither the immune system nor gastroenterology problems are thought to cure or cause Autism

ASD and epilepsy knows no bounds, transcending ethnic, cultural, economic and geographic boundaries.
We are all united in a quest to improve our lives.

Epilepsy, Autism and Metabolic Disorders

There are hundreds of inborn errors of metabolism that have seizures as a symptom. Metabolic disorders are also common with ASD, a connection well worth exploring. For some, the ASD cognitive\behavioral symptoms may be a result of the metabolic disorder. A number of metabolic disorders can be treated with diet and supplements. More information and links below.

This abstract’s quote is from an in-depth article about autism and epilepsy:

Epilepsy & Behavior
Volume 47, June 2015, Pages 147–157
Richard E. Frye
doi:10.1016/j.yebeh.2014.08.134

Abstract
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) affects a significant number of individuals in the United States, with the prevalence continuing to grow. A significant proportion of individuals with ASD have comorbid medical conditions such as epilepsy. In fact, treatment-resistant epilepsy appears to have a higher prevalence in children with ASD than in children without ASD, suggesting that current antiepileptic treatments may be suboptimal in controlling seizures in many individuals with ASD. Many individuals with ASD also appear to have underlying metabolic conditions. Metabolic conditions such as mitochondrial disease and dysfunction and abnormalities in cerebral folate metabolism may affect a substantial number of children with ASD, while other metabolic conditions that have been associated with ASD such as disorders of creatine, cholesterol, pyridoxine, biotin, carnitine, γ-aminobutyric acid, purine, pyrimidine, and amino acid metabolism and urea cycle disorders have also been associated with ASD without the prevalence clearly known. Interestingly, all of these metabolic conditions have been associated with epilepsy in children with ASD. The identification and treatment of these disorders could improve the underlying metabolic derangements and potentially improve behavior and seizure frequency and/or severity in these individuals. This paper provides an overview of these metabolic disorders in the context of ASD and discusses their characteristics, diagnostic testing, and treatment with concentration on mitochondrial disorders. To this end, this paper aims to help optimize the diagnosis and treatment of children with ASD and epilepsy.

Full article: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1525505014004120

Evidence for treatable inborn errors of metabolism in a ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...
National Center for Biotechnology Information
by M Spilioti - ‎2013 - ‎Cited by 6 - ‎Related articles
Dec 24, 2013 - Keywords: autism, inborn errors of metabolism, biotin, ketogenic diet, ... Thus, confirmed diagnoses in ASD patients for a known IEM was ... Twenty-five of 187 subjects manifested pathological EEG findings without seizures, ..
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3871708/

Might diet play a role in autism?
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajmg.a.../pdfJohn Wiley & Sons
autism, intellectual disability, and epilepsy caused by an inborn error of metabolism suggests this ... models of autism spectrum disorders. After a week of feeding .
American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A
Volume 161, Issue 2, Article first published online: 24 JAN 2013
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajmg.a.35855/pdf

[PDF]Has Your Child with Autistic Symptoms Been Properly ...
www.mitoaction.org/files/Autism-OXPHOS_1.pdf
many children who exhibit ASD symptoms ... may have strokes, seizures, gastro-intestinal problems (reflux .... inborn errors of metabolism, or mitochondrial.

http://www.mitoaction.org/files/Autism-OXPHOS_1.pdf

Epilepsy & Autism - Epilepsy Ireland
www.epilepsy.ie/assets/27/AE2C709E-E612.../Epilepsy_Autism.pdf
associated with perinatal and neonatal brain insult and inborn errors of metabolism. Genetic ... Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Epilepsy Page 1 of 5 ...
http://www.epilepsy.ie/assets/27/AE2C709E-E612-DF67-B0810383B68BEBC4_document/Epilepsy_Autism.pdf

Epilepsy in inborn errors of metabolism - John Libbey Eurotext
www.jle.com/.../epilepsy...inborn_errors_of_metabolism.../article.phtml?...
Epilepsy in inborn errors of metabolism Volume 7, issue 2, June 2005 .... is absent on proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (1H-MRS) of the brain or .... The patients additionally show severe psychomotor retardation and autistic features.
http://www.jle.com/en/revues/epd/e-..._of_metabolism_265519/article.phtml?tab=texte

Hi
its been rather hectic lately and I'm happy to say not too much seizure dramas.

I will be reviewing things about my girls treatments plans with a Dr that completed Medical School in 1982, in 1999 he began to practice soley in Nutritional Medicine. He lectures and has written at least 6 books on Nutritional Medicine.

He has examined the roles of genetics and antioxidants in the prevention and treatment of Autism and more importantly WHY this is happening as a global epidemic. He has provided lectures at where the brain function goes wrong with Autism and the roles of toxic metals in the genesis of disease and how these generate symptoms of Autism.
A publication has been made via the Nutrition Health Service in Its called "Brain Foods, Brain Poisons: Autism as a Case Point"
The Dr I see is not a quack and is highly respected .

Just some lateral thinking for those who want to think beyond the box.
Other areas of interest:
The use of Hair Analysis in Chronic Illness
Oral Chelation Therapies in Nutritional medicine

Hi Angel,

When you have time, can you post the name of doctor who focuses on nutritional medicine with a link to his article on brain poisons... I'm very interested in what he thinks is the WHY for so many developing ASD symptoms.
If you want to try an alternative to lateral posting, try posting the response in columns instead of rows.

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom