scholarships for people with epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

katzy

New
Reaction score
Hey guys , I know there a lot of scholarships out there for simple things like wearing glasses or having red hair. Do you know if there are any scholarships for people with epilepsy? I go to a private college and it's really expensive (~$40,000/year). Financial aid doesn't cover the whole tuition and fees.

Last edited:
They don't really treat epilepsy people as special. I thought they gave scholarships for people with good hard working.. which is why i didn't get one

Sadly, the deadline has already passed, but you should be able to apply next year.

ucbepilepsyscholarship [dot] com (sorry the site won't let me link it)

Also, contact the Epilepsy Foundation (in your area if you live in the US) because they might know of any more.

Lastly, I don't know what University you attend or where you live, but there is generally financial aid (either through the University or the state). For example, Marquette offers aid and it's a private University. It's sometimes a pain because you have to get letters from your doctor, but it's worth it-- they'll sometimes go so far as to pain for books and supplies.

I hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom