Jeopardy question tonight

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Apparently "Falling Sickness" used to be a common term:

Humans have long suffered from epilepsy, the neurological disorder hallmarked by sudden seizures. Medical historian Howard Markel discusses the condition's names through the millenia, from the "sacred disease" of ancient texts to its description as "the falling sickness" in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

More:

Thanks for the reply. I’m going to find the book you linked. It looks very interesting and thought provoking.

I just looked at some reviews and it certainly looks interesting. I did need to use “look up” for some of the words in the reviews. I’m curious/concerned about how difficult it will be to read.

Back
Top Bottom