so of course, another doc apologizing for thinking it was drug seeking behavior.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey boys and girls, sorry i really have been avoiding the site because with current life style it had become a little depressing at times.
none of your faults at all, i really have missed a bunch of you all, but i also havent been on facebook in months either, just because people.

That aside. saturday i couldnt make it across the room. Seems like a good reason to call 911. and it took my wife having an extended rant with them.
at first the doc thought is was drug seeking behavior till he noticed the huge ass mass on my side and came in the room to apologize. so i will be here till monday because it may be either a infection, another blood clot, or cancer. (woo going big).

So sorry this happened to you C0urt. I'm glad the doc apologized, but he shouldn't have made assumptions like that in the first place. Doctors (and certain other folks who work with the public) need to re-learn how to look at and listen to the people they serve.

Court,
I hope and pray that it's not cancer or anything else. Could your meds be toxic? I know when that has happened to me
I can't even walk or stand up I have to hold on to someone or something.

I will be praying for you and your family and lets hope everything is fine.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

now they dont think it is cancer from the way things are breaking up after the anti biotics. most of last night was spent coughing up bright read blood, i can breath now, just generally feel like hell.

they have recinded, they are calling cancer, but i have to take antibotics for 3 weeks before they cut my side open , the pain is one thing, but the real part is the mental game, i hung out in the kemo waiting room with the skin cancer, and pretty much everyone in there makes you appreciate life in some form. but the old lady i met was just fufilling her drug goals and was blown out of her mind. but they are all either just happy to be there, or so far past having to get out of bed,

They did the same thing to my husband loading him up on antibiotics and pain killers and the pain killer messed him
up really good so he is just taking tylenol now. Tell the Dr. to do a DNA test on you to find the best med for you with
the least side effect. My prayers are with you.

Wishing you only the Best and May God Bless You,

Sue

If it's cancer, I hope it is easily treated C0urt. Fingers-crossed for you.

really the worse part is having doctors come in with that smile on their face talking about " it is so nice to meet you" you cant really tell them, no it isnt, i could have gone the rest of my life with out seeing their face. I dont need to know their name, i wanted to be at home tonight

Hey Court,

I guess I'm going to make a trip down south and get some moonshine for you that will kill all the painšŸ˜Š. My Grandma
used it from everything to a cut on her finger to having the flu. You take it easy pal and remember you are in my prayers.
Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You,

Sue

Hope you're better soon. Thankfully, I haven't been in situations like that or had any crazy MDs like the ones you appear to be describing. The worst thing for me was the allergic reaction to Tegretol--I guess not many doctors had seen one like that, so I felt like I was on display.

Back
Top Bottom