Vacation and travel

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Heavy Kevy

Stalwart
Reaction score
Feeling like an idiot. Finally went a month without a seizure. Reluctantly decided to join my wife and daughter for a trip to Atlanta. Five nights in a hotel. Knew it was too much šŸ˜” The trip down took about 10 hours between getting to the airport, flying and checking in. Itā€™s too much. Had a seizure the first night and spent the rest of the time in the hotel room. If I had the strength I would have flown home the next day.
I believe the month I had seizure free had a lot to do with my fractured shoulder. Where I was unable to do much and was getting plenty of sleep.
Iā€™m done traveling for now.
((Rant over))

I'm sorry about the seizure. šŸ˜¢

Please don't beat yourself up over taking the trip - how were you supposed to know?? I hope once you got home you felt better quickly. **hugs**

Thanks CathyAnn šŸ¤—
It was a unique return once I got home. I experienced what a ā€œgood cryā€ feels like for the first time. Along with my own woes, I was mostly thinking about how awful it must be for my family to see me in such anguish.
I then transitioned into a state of blissful peace. Thankful for all I have and have done in my life. Music sounded incredible and the fresh air was invigorating. Especially after breathing recycled hotel A/C for five nights. This mentally upbeat and positive experience lasted for over a day with only 3 hours of sleep. I didnā€™t want the day to end. Simply wasnā€™t tired.
Thankfully I never reached the manic state where I have had daytime seizures. The Nayzilam rescue inhaler appears to be doing its job. Thanks again

Last edited:
Funny - Not Funny
We all have Covid. I might not of had a seizure after all. I may have misjudged my thc intake upon arrival home as well.

Iā€™m declining the 30 + day streak alive!!!

ā€œRight now Iā€™m having amnesia and dĆ©jĆ  vu at the same time. I think Iā€™ve forgotten this before.ā€
Steven Wright

Last edited:
Well damn..and I bet that is part of feeling so crappy on vacation. As for the thc, it can make things worse if you're sick. At least it does for me.

Yup
I meant to say Iā€™m declaring (not declining) my 30 plus seizure free streak alive šŸ™„

Kinda wacky Iā€™d prefer Covid over a seizure. The whole family has it so no major precautions / changes in the house. Iā€™ll need to reschedule a few Dr appointments, but besides that my day wonā€™t change much.

Back
Top Bottom