What my eeg says

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dani1960

Pillar
Reaction score
The last most current eeg for me reports no epileptiform activity but theretha is a breach rhythm in area of my craniotomy - left temporal lobe. I have had 2 neurologists indicating I could be tapered off my lamotrigine. I said no. I have been researching this why it occurred etc. Does anyone know about this. One of the neurologists said it is highly unlikely I will have a seizure due to this. I do meditation daily walk 2000- 3000 steps daily have 2 dogs that are ESAs. I am aware of neuroplasticty. Titanium mini plates and screws were used to reattach the bone flap. I was on a ventilator in a medically induced coma septic multi organ failure had to have dialysis. The rapid response team was called 10 times. I drive my speech is clear I learned to rethink using critical thinking skills had speech OT PT therapy. Lots of trauma therapy. Thank you for any insight

The last most current eeg for me reports no epileptiform activity but theretha is a breach rhythm in area of my craniotomy - left temporal lobe. I have had 2 neurologists indicating I could be tapered off my lamotrigine. I said no. ...

When an EEG shows no epileptiform activity, that could be great news - especially if past tests always captured such activity. However, one EEG failing to show any only means there wasn't any during the time that the EEG was monitoring/recording. If you had a 24 hour (or longer) EEG that showed no epileptifom activity, that would be a much stronger signal that everything is under control.

How long ago was your last seizure? **Generally**, neuros want to see a patient be seizure free for two years before they consider elimination of any AEDs. If you've been seizure free for at least two years and your EEG tests are coming back clear, you would be a good candidate for tapering off medications.

I agree about the EEG stuff. When I was only having simple partial seizures, it wasn't until the second or third EEG that they did that one was "caught" on it. That was how they diagnosed those "feelings" as seizures!

Back
Top Bottom