7 mo/o recently dx wit epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
My 7 month old baby girl was just diagnosed with epilepsy on August 15. They dr didnt tell me much but I have done my research. She had an EEG on the 15th and on there they found an abnormal spot on the right back side of her brain where her vision would be affected. She has an MRI set up for Sept 20 to take a look at her brain and make sure there is nothing abnormal. She has had three seizures in the past couple weeks. She gets extremely sleepy afterwards but other than that she doesnt really sleep. The dr put her on trileptal 1.5 ml twice a day. I am new to this never had to deal with anything like this and I am very scared for my daughter. :brain:

Welcome to CWE

It's good to see that your doctor is putting your daughter through the battery of tests for as much information as possible.

I was also born with seizures and there just seems to be so many more options now for children with epilepsy.

You might want to check out The Nursery on this site & see what other parents have to say about their children in similar conditions to your daughters.

Ashley - My daughter had her first seizure at 8 months. It is very scary! But I will tell you that in the 20 years that we have been dealing with her seizures, there have been many advancements in the number and types of medications. Surgery is an option for more and more people with seizures. I would suggest making sure that you feel comfortable with her neurologist and don't hesitate seeking a second opinion. A good neurologist should support you in this! Take care, Momma C!

Hi Ashley, welcome!

It's great that you are researching your daughter's situation. Information can be a great tool for coping with something as potentially scary as epilepsy. If you have any questions for your daughter's doctors, write them down. Make sure you never leave an appointment if anything your told is unclear or left unexplained.

I hope your daughter's tests are helpful, and that you feel free to post with any questions or updates.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi Ashley

You'll find wonderful support here. So glad you joined us.

welcome25252Dani25252Dgroup_thumb.gif

Back
Top Bottom