7 year old son with BRE

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi All. I joined because my son, Sam, has epilepsy (and Asperger's syndrome) and I am interested in hearing about anything other than pharmaceuticals that people are using to control or heal themselves or their children. I currrently have him on an herbal product called Epi-Still that has worked incredibly well and given us near complete control, but I'd like to see him healed because the emotions connected to this are so overwheming for him. We were doing brain exercises for a while and that helped all the brain issues TREMENDOUSLY, but it's difficult to keep him motivated to keep working at it. After everything I've read, I believe that brain training through neurofeedback would be the miracle we need, but as a failing, faltering one-income family without insurance we just cannot afford it. We actually did do previously do 4 sessions and he was seizure-free off the herbal med for two months, so I am basing my desire to do this on some solid evidence, not just mental conjecture, LOL. Will absolutely appreciate and be willing to check out anything anyone suggests. Carol Woodland's post about wondering if anyone knew of a neurofeedback provider in FL who takes KidCare is what brought me to the website after a Google search. If you're out there, Carol, let me know what you found out! Wishing all who are dealing with this well.

Carrie L.

Hi Carrie, welcome to CWE!

I feel for you -- I want to try neurofeedback this fall, but it will mean dipping into my scant savings to do so, so I'm on the fence. What kind of seizures does your son have?

Best,
Nakamova

Hi Nakamova. He has partial temporal seizures. It's more or less confined to his face, but occasionally his hands. The face thing is so awful that the first time it happened I was afraid he might be having a stroke. At 5 years old. I was so shocked... I'm still always on Defcon5 alert to anything going on even though it happens only very rarely (maybe 4 episodes this year?) because I'm always afraid I'm missing something. I'll br praying for us both for Nfeedback!

Back
Top Bottom