Adjusting life

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEANS900

New
Reaction score
Replying to ufc,
i am not sure how to use this and, well, i hope this is correct.
Means is my knickname;

i suffered a tbi while in college my fresham year . Luckily, i was able to finish school in 4 years with a degree in sociology@ohio university in athens, oh.
After graduation, i was fortunate enough to get a job as a probation officer for the court of common pleas in cuyahoga co., ohio.
I was able to help people [criminals] re-enter the adult life after dealing with a many different types of problems.
In 2002, out of nowhere, i suffered my first seizure. It was not a good one; in fact it was as bad as they get.
I have had three brain surgeries since then in an attempt to recover. None successfully
but i adjusted; now i keep a smile on my face, and deal with a lot of seizure activity on a daily basis.
I would love to answer questions from anyone.

Keep the wave rolling,
means

Hi means, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I copied your post from UFC's thread so people could say hello to you without hijacking UFC's thread.

Make yourself at home here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello & welcome

to CWE! This is a wonderful place to be!! Mr B (Bernard) has made us all an AWESOME home here. So feel free to stick around, put your feet up, and make some friends. Buckeye should be around soon with some coffee.

Nice to "meet" you!

Meetz
:rock:

Welcome!

Means,

You seem to have a very positive attitude after everything you've been through. That's great! It's really half the battle. Welcome to the group.

Sincerely,
Josie

Hi!

Hi Means!

Welcome to the group. Glad you're here. I have to tell you..I was originally from Cuyahoga County also. I was born there..my whole family is from there. Although I really do not remember it, because we moved to Florida when I was 3. I would love to get up there to see where I was born and my family was from. Hope you are doing well now. A smile can make anyone feel better,right? I think you will really enjoy the house and the whole clan! I am 40, married and a Mom of 2 teenage children. I also have Temporal lobe, complex seizures. Mine started as an adult. Once again.. welcome!

Michelle

Hi Means! :) Welcome to CWE. As you'll find, this is a fantastic group of people. :) Feel free to ask any questions, chime in, or just vent if you need to. I had my first seizure following a brain injury. Mine are tonic clonics (grand mals). Welcome!

Bernard,
again, still stumped on how to work this site. I added you as a friend and contact, since you were kind enough to pick me up. At least that is what i think you and i did. Please be kind enough to reply to me and gimme some quick directions on how to use this.

Thanks;
keep the wave rolling,
means

Hello Means~

Welcome to CWE Board! I hope you met alot of people like I did. You sure do have a positive attitude for all that you have been through and keep it up. I hope everything goes well for you. Glad to meet you though. Take care.

Bernard,
again, still stumped on how to work this site. I added you as a friend and contact, since you were kind enough to pick me up. At least that is what i think you and i did. Please be kind enough to reply to me and gimme some quick directions on how to use this.

Thanks;
keep the wave rolling,
means

So far, you appear to be doing well, Means. What do you have questions about? Perhaps I can help you.......

Hi Means, you are doing fine. The forum/site might seem a bit intimidating at first, but you will soon be navigating around like a pro. Most of the links on the page are redundant and you really can't hurt anything so don't be afraid to experiment/try things out.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom