Another new person!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

New
Reaction score
Hi! I'm not so good at introductions so please bear with me! Obviously i'm new here, my name's Louise and i'm from England. I just found this website by accident really when I was looking up some stuff about epilepsy. I've had it for 10 years since I was 17. I've got nocturnal epilepsy and have grand mal seizures. They are pretty big ones when I do have them so they scare me alot! BUT i am so, so, thankful that I've been seizure free for 3 years and 5 months-the longest i've ever been! (I still touch wood when I say it!). I was on epilim but now i'm on 400mg lamictil daily.

Generally i'm a positive person when it comes to my epilepsy, but maybe that's because it seems to respond well to medication. But after a couple of years in denial to start with (yes seriously!) i've accepted that I have it and deal with it as best I can with the support and love of my friends and family. I'm an accident and emergency nurse so I guess that makes me realise there's alot of people worse off than me.

Thanks for reading this, I know I go on! I think it's going to be a great support to me to have somewhere to go where I can talk without having to explain my epilepsy first and I hope maybe I can maybe help too. :D

So

Hi Louie - It's great to meet you. Welcome aboard.
Seizure free for 3 years? Wow, that's wonderful!!
Please stick with us here and keep talking.
Many thanks.

Hi Louie/Louise, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Sounds like your epilepsy is pretty well controlled. That's great to hear! :)

Feel free to chat anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom