any help is very much appreciated

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Please help me with this stress,
I have had very intense chronic seizures nightly for many years now. It is very hard for me to keep employed, Im trying to find out if i would qualify for ssi and or disability? Could anyone help me with this answer? Because the lack of income and being homeless is very stressful and that's causing my seizures to be more common and more intense. Please any replys will be very appreciated.

This Preocedure Takes Time

Welcome to CWE bwa11131981,

It took me over 5 years to finally get my SSI case looked at by Social Security. This is partly caused by them only approving 17% of the cases they look at the first time the cases come across their desks. When a case is appealed that number changes to 17% getting denied and 83% getting approved. It took my appeal about 18 months to get approved. With this I received back SSI benefits back to the date that they considered me disabled. :twocents:
This means that you get your benefits back to when you apply. but you don't get them for a long period and then all at once. The time you had to wait for them to do their job is just supposed to be dealt with as far as they are considered. :rolleyes:
I know how hard it can be to live w/o any money for yourself and for your meds. I had to do this for over 4 years. I learned every way there was to get my meds and not have to pay for them(of course this was all legal)! :clap:
I don't know what meds you take but I am sure there is a way for you to get them. You need to see a social worker who can tell you what these ways are. This is what they get paid to do. :ponder:

Good Luck To You,
acshuman

Back
Top Bottom