Anyone heard of earth clay bentonite in helping with epilepsy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My very good friend is taking it for her thyroids. I cannot find too much info about the bentonite clay and epilepsy benefits. But have heard its something that's beneficial and not harmful if taken for your health. Maybe someone on this forum has heard or tried it themselves?? Anything just to stop taking all these meds! Dilantin straight 12 years, slowly weaning off Dilantin started keppra over 3 weeks ago. Omg! First week was ugh dizzy vertigo spells bumping into walls, developed a rash, dry skin. But gotta say feeling better now. Not noticing any myoclonic jerks and keeping the seizures under control. Still.....I want and rather have a natural alternative to controlling epilepsy.
One day soon, I wish there will be a safe cure for epilepsy. Because it has turned my life upside down. I'm sure many others on this forum feel the same and I know I'm not alone. Just hoping and wishing for the best...

I'm afraid there's no scientific evidence that eating earth clay would have any effect on seizures. I know it's tempting to ditch the meds -- believe me, I've tried twice -- but eating clay isn't like to help beyond the placebo effect. And it can have a laxative effect so it might make things worse.

I'm afraid there's no scientific evidence that eating earth clay would have any effect on seizures. I know it's tempting to ditch the meds -- believe me, I've tried twice -- but eating clay isn't like to help beyond the placebo effect. And it can have a laxative effect so it might make things worse.
The clay is in a powder form that mixed with water and sits for a while before you can drink it lol and oh how I would love to ditch the meds. Thanks anyways ;)

I would love to ditch the meds too. I do know that bentonite clay has healing properties that are more than one type. I have not heard a thing about seizures with that though.

It's also caused cases of hypokalemia which can cause your brain to swell, potentially causing a new seizure focus and coma.

I tried going cold turkey once had the cleanest house.Eating clay no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom