Barbiturates

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

137Alice

Pillar
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Haven't been with u for quite some time. Perhaps we should hear from us on some good times too?
Anyhow after a terrible day started to think about my doc, but then thought perhaps somebody here could give me a more useful advice. If somebody remembers my "speech arrests/undeveloped seizures/aphasia for lack of a better terms i would like to ask if anyone ever used barbiturates. I ones was given a very low dose for insomnia. But yesterday i really had a bad day even though used Frisium and seeped a couple of hours. Any ideas?
Thanks to u all in advance

Hi Alice,

I've been taking barbiturates for 40 yrs. I take mysoline (primidone) which breaks down into a barbiturate and it's worked great for me. At one time I felt exhausted and found it hard to stay awake but within time my body got used to it and it doesn't bother me at all now. You may want to look into using cbd oil it helps a person relax and sleep along with stopping seizures. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

cbd oil

Thanks Sue. I am not sure about cbd oil (i am in Europe) but will ask my doc. And would be interesting to know what else u take . I am on Keppra and valproate.
Take care
Alice

HI Alice,

I used to take the same meds that you take and the valproate worked great but my body got used to it I was on it so long that I went off the drug.
Right now I take vimpat, Diamox (brand name) and mysoline. I also use coconut oil on my skin each day and the coconut oil builds up ketones in my body which reduces my seizures. In regards the cbd oil my neuro told me to try it and I buy it on line and they mail it to me. I am amazed at how well it has helped reduce my absence and complex partial seizures. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi, Sue

Thank you Sue. Vimpat was no good, about others will talk to my doc.
Take care
Alice

Hi Alice,

I've tried over 10 different seizure meds and then my Dr. did a DNA test on me by drawing some blood and getting some salvia from the inside of my mouth. He sent that to the lab where they found how many enzymes were in my liver along with seeing my body chemistry and then he matched that up to the best seizure med for me with the least side effects. He also found out I was drug resistant to most seizure meds that's why I was told the start the cbd oil. If you want to you can ask your Dr. to do the same thing but take my work often the Dr. will say "I don't do that." but that's not true they just like to push the meds to make the money. Just tell your Dr. that you want it done or he/she will be reported to the medical conduct board and take my word they will do the test. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Sue,

I really appreciate that u keep answering. For the moment i would like to stay on what i have been taken recently. Today spoke to my doc who said he will think about barbiturates and anyhow to stop Frisium. Just my luck - his surgery is being renovated right when i need him. So i will have to wait a couple of weeks.
Take care
Alice

Back
Top Bottom