Been looking around the site

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

marianne

New
Reaction score
I have been having a look around the site. There are some interesting things. I was reading an old thread about epilepsy and dizziness. I found this interesting, as I have sufferd from dizzy spells for as long as I can remember. Perhaps they would be better described as a feeling of Unbalance. As the room didn't actualy spin. When I go into a large store, I always use a trolley, even if I am only looking, for balance, as these stores often *unbalance *me. The specilist suggested it could be some thing to do with the lighting. I dont cope with boats - the movment unbalances me. I cant do lifts and would rather climb 6 flights of stairs than use a lift. (I think you migt call them elevators). Even thinking about boats start to make me feel unbalanced!
very loud noises cause anxiety, and ballons stress me to the max, incase they go bang.
Marianne

I can't help you because I've only just realized I need to get my self checked out but I suffer from blurred vision at college more than at home. perhaps because Its a well lit room and because I'm concentrating on one thing

Balance issues could be related to an inner ear infection/problem, but there are many AEDs that also have balance problems as a side effect. It's always possible for seizure activity to cause problems with balance too.

I get this too and mentioned it to an epileptologist and another neuro once. Both said in the absence of other simulatneous symptoms, dizziness is very unlikely to be seizure related especially if it goes on for some time (I am guessing it doers with you if you need a trolley for balance for entire time in a shop).

Unbalance in places like Asda/Walmart and lifts and boats is very common in the general population. I get a ferry to work every day and my girlfriend can't stand the boat due to unbalance and motion sickness and she doesn't have epilepsy.

By all means seek some professional opinions but my view, having experienced similar feelings to you regularly and having made own enquiries is it is likely to be nothnig to worry about other than a sensitivity to motion.

bernard and cardones.
Thankyou for your replies. Until I read the post regarding dizziness and E, I had always thought they were completley different things. I did want other peoples opinions. I dont feel unbalanced everytime I go into a large store - but take a trolley *just in case*! Like a security blanket. LOL. Thankyou both for your views on the matter. My seizures are very minor and happen very very rarely. I would just like to know WHY they happen when they do. So exploring the situation here.
ALICE123. I hope you can find the answeres to as why you get blurred vision.
Marianne

Back
Top Bottom