benign focal epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
hi i knew here, my 10 year old daughter first had an episode july 2012 and another full seizure in december 2012. had eeg and neurologist believes results indicate benign focal epilepsy, waiting on mri resuts to confirm this. does anybody know anything about this type of epilepsy please

Hi! Welcome! I have an almost 12 year old daughter diagnosed over the summer. Always nice to meet other Moms :)

Hi tracy, welcome to CWE!

The good thing about benign focal epilepsy is that it tends to remit (go away). I hope that's the case for your daughter. The neurologist should be able to give you more information about the particular kinds of seizures your daughter is having and the best treatment approach if she's had a grand mal seizure, then it may be worth trying medication for a few years, just to avoid the risks of the seizures escalating in any way.

There's more info here http://professionals.epilepsy.com/page/syndromes_benign.html, but you shouldn't be shy about asking the doc to provide more details.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom