Books for kids about epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Could I have some suggestions please for some books that might help my older kids (11 and 9) understand my epilepsy better? There seems to be a few books for kids *with* epilepsy, but precious little for kids with parents with epilepsy.
Many thanks :)
Tracy.

I had to laugh... I just posted in the creative writing forum about writing a picture book for kids along these lines... :D

I have no idea if any even exist, which I realized earlier and it made me think about writing something like that. Except, with my writing style, it'd probably wind up being sarcastic and funny and not at all appropriate for children...

If anyone can find one, I'd love to hear about it. :) I'd probably get it for my niece so she understands better whats going on with me and what she should / shouldn't do.

I found this one:

I Know Someone with Epilepsy by Parker, Vic

Presents basic information about what epilepsy and seizures are, what can cause them, how people deal with them, and what it is like to have a friend with epilepsy.

Ok well I'm giving "I know someone with epilepsy" a go as well as an epilepsy comic book "what's up with Wendy?" from Medikidz. Will let you know how they turn out when they arrive :)
Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Back
Top Bottom