Burns ? Help xx

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Gem2783

New
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Hope you are all having a good day x Just a question Has anyone ever burnt themselves whilst fitting? Also if this was your worst type of fit so far did you feel a slight bit of paranoia after? I am . x

Hey everyone. Hope you are all having a good day x Just a question Has anyone ever burnt themselves whilst fitting? Also if this was your worst type of fit so far did you feel a slight bit of paranoia after? I am . x

Gem,

My 1st TC seizure (I prefer calling them seizures, rather than fits. That sounds so juvenile to me) I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on by arm and back. I happened to be stepping out of the shower that morning when it happened years ago. When I went into the seizure, I fell backwards into the tub and hit the hot water, lying under it long enough to get burned. I was in the hospital 2 months and had all my CTs and EEGs done while I was in the hospital with the burns, along with the debridements and skin grafts. I would say that was the worst seizure I have ever had and the only time I would feel any paranoia would be if I were to go off any anti-seizure med. Suffering like that just one time was enough for me!

Gem,

My 1st TC seizure (I prefer calling them seizures, rather than fits. That sounds so juvenile to me) I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns on by arm and back. I happened to be stepping out of the shower that morning when it happened years ago. When I went into the seizure, I fell backwards into the tub and hit the hot water, lying under it long enough to get burned. I was in the hospital 2 months and had all my CTs and EEGs done while I was in the hospital with the burns, along with the debridements and skin grafts. I would say that was the worst seizure I have ever had and the only time I would feel any paranoia would be if I were to go off any anti-seizure med. Suffering like that just one time was enough for me!
Thanks I had a fit whilst drying my hair. I dropped the hairdryer on my ankle while it was on top heat. Luckily I do not need a skin graft. I just feel now if i have a minute where I don't remember doing something, or remember why I downstairs when previous two seconds before i was upstairs. I feel like i must of had a seizure ( I prefer that too lol) t could be that I was tired and quickly closed my eyes or went into a daze and just had a blank. To me though I tell myself i had a fit.

Has anyone ever burnt themselves whilst fitting?

I have a friend that worked as a pipe fitter. When reading this I first thought you might be one too :p. It wasn't until the next sentence did I click as to what you meant.

Gem,
I'm doing fine now, although I did have some reconstructive surgery along the way. I also did have another seizure while cooking last spring and burned my hand, so had to have another skin graft.

I have a friend that worked as a pipe fitter. When reading this I first thought you might be one too :p. It wasn't until the next sentence did I click as to what you meant.

Ha ha, Eric. :)

Sorry What a Div, I've been calling you clint! must of been having a funny turn lol xx

Back
Top Bottom