Can’t Read Anymore?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Please Forgive me for my bad Manners , hello everyone and how are you all today . Hello Aloha Bird , seagull , jjr1956, topcat , edbrad , Belinda5000 , Cint and others .
How was your weekend ? What did you do ?

I love reading. Lately though I get very sleepy while reading so I don't read for long. It can make getting in to a book tough.

Hi Seagull. No, that drunk guy that hit me and caused me brain and body damage got away. He was never caught. Not only do I have problems with seizures, I have to see a pain management doctor every month for the rest of my life. A lot of damage was done to my body too. So far I had 2 operations on my shoulder, I get Synvisc injections in my right knee twice a year, and multiple injections in my neck and shoulder too.

Hello there Hunter. The Pheno stopped all seizure activity when I was switched to it. So it was either, taking that and having no more seizures, or trying something else, and going back to seizures. I'll take the Pheno thank you. Having trouble reading used to bother me. But I'm retired now. If I want to read/hear a book, I can get them on CD's. At work, I needed to read invoices because I was a truck driver.

Hi Chargingbird. Trying to read doesn't make me tiered. It's just confusing. I can read, but I really have to concentrate. Ya know what gets me PO'ed? I was able to read just fine until that jerk hit me and almost killed me.

I'm finding the phenobarbitol isn't so bad since I have gotten the other med, the Valproic Acid, out of my system.
The two interact and the VpA makes the pheno stronger so, from my body's point of view, I also did a cutback on the dose of pheno by getting rid of the VpA.

I feel a lot more clear headed and I'm not sleeping until 10:30 in the mornings.

@JJR1956 have you asked your neurologist about medication to help your memory? Maybe ask him about using fish oil it may help your memory and reading comprehension a little.

Hi Notime, yes I did. That's when I started to notice it. I developed seizure disorder from either hitting my head, and/or c-spine damage due to a violent car accident I was in on 1/25/00. I still ask my Nero about it. It's also due to many of the meds I'm on. That accident didn't just give me SD, it gave me the beginning of mega chronic pain from all the damage done to my body.

Thanks for the idea of Fish Oil. My sister also told me about it and is into holistic medicine and vitamins...(if they are two different things).

Fish oil is a great idea. Another one you might want to google research is turmeric.

Draw clock face put numbers down quickly than do it roMan numerals gets someone watch if can't do it then that time see doc

I can no longer read paper books but can read from my Kindle. Kind of weird. I can no longer write in cursive also.

I cant do long scifi like i used to, some of that stuff can be a challenge anyway, but short term is screwed up.

but the yearly best short stories and stuff, i can still manage,

I know my problems are from the closed head injury sustained in a car accident. That pretty much started it all.

Back
Top Bottom