clARK , new guy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello members,
My names clark I live in Central Florida, 30 yo, started having "dizzy spells" about a year and a half ago maybe? had first grandmal or w/e ya like to call it in my sleep couple months ago, second in my sleep last week.
Take Keppra 500 mornin, 1000 night ......here to learn what has helped others. Thanks for takin the time...:gob:

Hi Clark,

Welcome to CWE! Just like you I had seizure in my sleep but I didn't realize it until I had a sleep study done. If you are seeing a pattern in your seizures and you are having them in your sleep or when you first wake up you may be having myoclonic seizures. I had them but then I went on Vimpat and that type of seizure ended for me. I also started the medical marijuana for my absence and complex partial seizures and I am amazed on how great that works for me. My best advice to you is to start seeing an Epileptologist if you aren't seeing one yet. These Drs. specialize in epilepsy can find out the cause of the seizures and have you on the least amount of med to control the seizures. My Dr. even went as far as doing a DNA test on me to find the correct seizure med for me with the least side effects. I tried keppra and that gave me a wicked temper and my seizures increased so I started the vimpat after that.
Make sure you keep track of your seizures on a calendar write down what time they happen along with the type of seizure you have. Make note also if you are sick or there's a low pressure in the weather because that can sometimes trigger seizures for some people. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom