Clobazam

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

137Alice

Pillar
Reaction score
Hi, everybody. Just wondering if anyone is taking Clobazam . I've been on it for a long time as an add-on thing - that is taking it along with my usual meds only as i need it. But a few days ago when i really needed it it wouldn`t work. So i spend a rather awful day and night but when i spoke to the doc he suggested that it could be just an unfortunate incident. The guy is quite competent and all but then he is not in my shoes.
I was wondering if anyone ever changed from clobazam to smth else?

I haven't tried Clobazam myself, maybe others will weigh in. Do you think that you've developed a tolerance for it? That happens for some folks.

I'm not sure about clobazam, but I take lorazepam as needed for seizure clusters. I've taken it once or twice a week for about 5 years now, and it doesn't work as well as it used to.
At one point my doctor wanted me to take clobazam daily and said that tolerance was less likely than with other medications like it. But I don't see why he wouldn't be able to switch you to another as-needed medicine if you felt the clobazam wasn't working anymore.

Back
Top Bottom