Clobezam with Depakote side effects?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kiarawins

New
Reaction score
My granddaughter is 12yo and has Ep, CP, CVI and is severely disabled...she is on Depakote and has just started Clobezam...she will be weaned off Depakote in about a month, when the Clobezam is going...I am worried about side effects...her first dose was last night...and she screamed in the middle of the night...Does anyone know if this was caused by the Clobezam...or the combination of the two meds?
We are all so worried.
Thank you, Kiara's Gma, Diane

What's the dose of the Clobazam? It tended to just knock me out, I was on 20 mg (10 mg am 10 mg pm) and I was sleeping a lot. Does your grand daughter ever cry out in her sleep usually?

I have just started Epilim (UK Depakote and been on it 3 weeks) I am also on Zonismide and other than fatigue and some mild issues with forgetting words nothing gives me night terrors or distress.

Hope that helps.

Q

She has just started the Clobazam...one week at 2 ml at bedtime...now 2 weeks later same dose, but 2X daily...
The only time her mom told me about was the one time...we had her overnite for 4 days last week and she was fine, so it may have been a nightmare...or other pain.
Thank you so much for replying to the post.
I am just always worried...and you have helped.

Back
Top Bottom