From Clonazepam to Lyrica

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Good luck with your appt Nick, I'm glad you have a friend going with you for support.
I always take my Mum with me to my Neuro appts, more so she knows what's going on & 1/2 the time she's able to remember or take in what the neuro says better than me lol.
Medication changes is always tough but I hope the dr can get you to the right level of meds.

Making a day of it sounds like a great thing to do.
Be sure to let us all know how it went with your doctor.

Take Care !

Last edited:
Visit to GP went okay. She was fine with me upping the dose last week of Pregabalin from 3x25mg to 3x50mg. She has now increased the dose to 3x100mg - a bit apprehensive where this will take me but that's normal. Will cut back on Clonazepam from tonight - from 2.5mg to 2mg then by 0.5mg a week.

Had a meal out with friend Karen. Nice day :)

Glad to hear everything went ok, but the meal out part - was it italian, I hope it was, I hope you enjoyed your meal out

Ha ha Fedup - Afternoon special, fish and chips, mushy peas and a cup of tea for two..
£8-00 at wether spoons
:)

Glad to hear your GP was fine with the increase. It's such a relief to have an understanding doctor.
And your meal out with Karen sounds quite wonderful in an English sort of way :)

Hi there,

I wish you the best for the change. I am on clonazepam and think it wont work after a while. There has been suggestions for other meds of Keppra or Tegretol. Another dr suggest Clonazbam.

I feel clonazepam is stop gap measure and its working at this time as it is addictive apparently.

I wish you the best at the moment - I have done change overs and it is frightening.
Tina

Thank you Tina. Yes, I think Doctors do use Clonazepam as a 'gap measure'. I'm on Tegretol 800mg - the Pregabalin is not a stand a lone drug for epilepsy so it has been added to work with the Tegretol. I went out yesterday and was a little dizzy - I've only been on Pregabalin 300mg since Tuesday so it's early days.

Yes change overs are frightening - looking at how I feel all the time and how the drug will behave.

Thank you for your support :)

Nicholas

Just wondering how things are going. I hope all is ok and you cut down on the meals out?
You be good.

update..
Up to 400mg Pregabalin, down to 0.5mg Clonazepam. After a shaky start I think my seizures are under control but I'm more anxious. Doctor has said I can take Clonazepam PRN - when I'm anxious. I have a feeling it may take awhile to drop the Clonazepam altogether

Nicholas

You be care full and mind yourself. Keep letting us know how things are going.

So up and down at the moment - high as a kite yesterday, hit the bottom today. Need a bucket load of sleep but keep waking up!

Nicholas you keep going, its not going to beat you. You be good and carefull

Nicholas,

"Life is 10,000 joys and 10,000 sorrows" ~ Lao Tsu

For me this means to live life to the fullest (whatever that may mean at the time) when life is good. And cherish my memories of these good times when life gets depressing. Hold onto the reality that at one time life was good and believe that it will be that way again.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.” ~ William W. Purkey

Thank you Dolores, and your William W Purkey quote is the best.

I had a good day today - I took 1mg of clonazepam - just hope the doctor is fourth coming when I run out. The meds got me out to a church fete - great band and a real family 'well factor' to it. A lovely late summer's day.

Nicholas

You know you have to go to the church fete - no excuses. Think of the time you would have had and sleep.

Back
Top Bottom