From Clonazepam to Lyrica

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Things are going okay, Nakamova.
I'm taking Clonazepam prn - well 0.5mg most days when I should by now be taking none.
they get me through the afternoons and early evenings when I am at my most anxious.

I'm not too sure re the Pregablin (400mg). Most days I am seizure free but some nights I am experiencing a new type of seizure - a kind of 'shotgun' goes off in my head as I'm sleeping - fully aware of it, most strange. Somewhat frightening.

Will keep you informed
:)

Nicholas

You take it easy and keep us up to date on how you are. Sorry to hear things are so hard, but try and keep the good side out.

Yay... saw a different doctor yesterday as mine is booked up til heavens knows when. I had a drug review. I led the review.. I explained that I could not manage without my 0.5mg of Clonazepam (if you remember I was being weaned off of Clonazepam and introduced to Pregabalin). I had gone five days without Clonazepam whilst upping my Pregabalin. I felt the increase was too full on - I could feel the meds swimming in my head!

Without the Clonazepam I was extremely anxious, no appetite, introvert and practically climbing the walls! I lost four pounds. The Pregabalin is controlling my seizures but not my anxiety.

To conclude... this different doctor was not hard on me coming off of Clonazepam... she saw no trouble in prescribing me 0.5 Clonazepam, gave me a prescription for 90 0.5mg Clonazepam and put it back 'on' my computerised notes.

Yippee yippee yippee! I can now function more normally again!
:)

Last edited:
nicholasscott21

Its good to hear things are working out for you Nicholas. Make sure you keep us up to date.

That's super Nick, hope this combo does the trick for you.

Nick - So glad to hear you found a doctor who listens to you and works with you. It's great that you can function (more) normally once again! :)

I glad to hear about your new Dr.
It's great to find one that understands.

Keep us posted.

Just to mention I am taking 800mg of tegretol and 450mg of Pregabalin for my seizures.. the Clonazepam is more for my anxiety :)

Back
Top Bottom