complex partial seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lyons

New
Reaction score
I ran across this website when doing research on complex partial seizures and its relationship to anxiety and behavioral problems. I have had seizures since I was 15 - I am now 37. My seizures are controlled with Keppra and Zonegran. It is anxiety that is the biggest problem in my life right now and I would like to get it under control.

Hi Lyons!

I totally agree with the anxiety issue. For me, stress is a HUGE factor. I listen to music, do yoga (or some meditation), play piano and walk.

I bought a border collie mix 7 years ago and our daily walk (pretty brisk) takes me to a refreshing environment. The endorphins released during our walk make me feel good.
Exercise, even in moderation or in privacy is something that would have to require medical consultation. For me, that really works. It could be that I have a very affectionate dog who doesn't care about the epilepsy, too.

I have simple and complex partials and stress even happy stress is my biggest trigger. I know how to ease it, but somehow never get around to doing yoga or meditating. I know how good it is for me, just lazy I guess. Tomorrow is another day - I guess I'll try again.

Back
Top Bottom