Deadly VNS Implant

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Well written, and sadly, no surprise. What's so interesting to me is that it's unlikely that this issue, and the FDA in general, will hit the mass media. And if it did, would anyone care? Just listen to the warnings on the drug commercials on TV. Don't you wonder how they're so effective?

I lost all respect for the ethics of drug companies back when I worked for one.....

My parents usually come over Sunday mornings and we go out to breakfast. I let them know I couldn't make it that day because I was having too many seizures. What I thought were (atonic) seizures actually were heart stoppages occurring during the stimulation cycles of the vns. My folks decided to come check up on me after they left the restaurant. That is what saved my life. My last memory of that morning was of being inside the ambulance, the next memory was waking up in the ICU.

/gives Dennis a big hug

I'm thankful your parents are so caring. Lucky man.

Back
Top Bottom