Deep Brain Stimulation

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emilyjh5

New
Reaction score
I have had brain surgery twice, and was on the Modified Atkins Diet for about five years. I have also been on several different seizure meds and a lot of them as they have been released over the last few years, but I still have seizures that occur. I will do well for a couple months when I change meds, but the sz always return back to about 8-10 a month.
I have been looking at the deep brain stimualtion because my neuro told me that the VNS and deep brain stimualtion are the only other options I have left. I know a couple of people who had it for Parkinson's and it has helped greatly for them. I was wondering if anyone knows much about it or knows anyone who has received it for epilepsy-seizures.
Em

Back
Top Bottom