deep painful scars left on forehead after 72 hour EEG

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a 65 year old female. My Doctors ordered a 72 hour EEG because I had experienced ":Transient Blindness" coupled with some dizziness episodes.

When The EEG Tech returned to remove the leads there were two obvious indentations/deep scratches that remained on my forehead they are now forming scabs but are still painful to the touch and now I have headaches that I did not have before.

Am I alone or do these marks remain on everyone?:ponder:

I had a video EEG with leads attached to my head for a week. Other then finding some stray lumps of goop in my hair for a few days there were not any marks like that. That sounds like someone was less than gentle taking them off or perhaps you had an allergic reaction to the glue (which is nasty smelling stuff).

Also, just had one in Dec. Short of the goop, it was pretty uneventful. Left for NY the next day.
M

I'm wondering if you might have been allergic to the adhesive.

I hope you feel better soon.

I had this happen during my Video-EEG last year, you're not alone.

What happened for me, when the leads were glued to my forehead they wrapped the gauze around my head way too tight. So through the time I was there the lead on my forehead got smushed into my head a little more every day, while the glue and pressure agitated my forehead. So the gauze and leads were taken off, it took some skin on my forehead with it...leaving an indention and a scar I still have to this day.

Back
Top Bottom