driving me mad!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

#infome

New
Reaction score
I'v never used a forum till this type but boy am I glad to have found you!:hugs:
I,v had a terrible weekend full of stress, anxiety, lack of sleep making it riddled with sez.
aprox.6 wks ago I tried a new med(topiramate).I haven't tried a new med for as long as I can remember and was hopeful. After a few weeks the dr.and I decided I would have to come off the drug due to the side effects I was suffering from. And all though @ first my ep. seemed much better for the first few days The pro's out weighed the cons. I had only reached the dose of 50mg a day but still experienced some withdrawals ie, numbness of arms.
Now weeks later My sez. have got more frequent and My words are jumbled which is the scariest thing I have ever been through! My g.p and ep. nurse say It could be in some connection to the fact I did have a couple of good days on the other drug????????? I am so,so worried that It may be something eals!!! any comments welcome pls.x:woot::ponder:

Are you on another seizure medication instead of the Topamax? Or did they take you off all seizure meds?

Memory issues, words jumbled can either be an after-affect of seizures or can be a seizure themselves. How long does it last? A few minutes or less? Or hours/days?

One "something else" that it could be is migraines. A common migraine aura can be jumbling of words either coming out our mouths, or coming into our brains. If you suffer from headaches this is a possibility. Most often it lasts minutes but it can last hours to days.

If you are off the seizure meds altogether is there a plan to get you back on?

If you are on a new drug, any chance this is a reaction/side effect to the new one?

I'v never used a forum till this type but boy am I glad to have found you!:hugs:
I,v had a terrible weekend full of stress, anxiety, lack of sleep making it riddled with sez.
aprox.6 wks ago I tried a new med(topiramate).I haven't tried a new med for as long as I can remember and was hopeful. After a few weeks the dr.and I decided I would have to come off the drug due to the side effects I was suffering from. And all though @ first my ep. seemed much better for the first few days The pro's out weighed the cons. I had only reached the dose of 50mg a day but still experienced some withdrawals ie, numbness of arms.
Now weeks later My sez. have got more frequent and My words are jumbled which is the scariest thing I have ever been through! My g.p and ep. nurse say It could be in some connection to the fact I did have a couple of good days on the other drug????????? I am so,so worried that It may be something eals!!! any comments welcome pls.x:woot::ponder:
My daughter in law took topiramate for two weeks for migraines, over a year ago. She has never been the same since, She looses her trane of thought in mid sentence and can not retrieve words. Scary drug, topiramate is.

Back
Top Bottom