Is this epilepsy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

11ddebb

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone...

I've been having these 'episodes' for a few years now. I've talked to my GP and described what was happening, but she said she wasn't familiar with any type of physical condition that would cause the type of symptoms I've been having.

I get this weird deja vu feeling, and feel very detached to everything around me. I can still hear people talk, and I can walk and move. Sometimes I can respond to people verbally, and sometimes I can't. These episodes last from about 15 or 20 seconds to a minute or so. Sometimes I'll have these experiences every day, then will go days or even weeks without one. For the last few days, I've been having 4 or 5 of these every day.

My GP prescribed Xanax a few years ago for anxiety, and I'm wondering if these could be related to the xanax?

Sorry for the long ramble...I'm just not sure what's going on with me. :(

Deb

Last edited by a moderator:
It could possibly be simple partial seizures. I would request a neuro eval.

Have you noticed a pattern - like does it get worse with hormonal changes? Start keeping a diary, it really does help the doc out when you have everything written down.

it does sound like simple partial seizures I agree with Bernard & mamaruns.

love,
angel

Thanks everyone...

I appreciate the information you've shared with me.
Deb

Welcome 11ddebb

There are lots of different disorders and conditions/medications that can cause these symptoms. The best person to help is your doctor. You may want to have a referral to a neruologist fore an evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom