epilepsy camp

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Alexa

New
Reaction score
hello, my name is Alexa. I'm new here. I'm trying to find a great epilepsy camp for my nine year old son. We live in Memphis, Tn. I would like to find a camp in our region if possible, but I'm willing to look farther. Does anyone have any experiences with camps?
thanks!

They are very cool. I have been asked to be a counselor there. It's just like a diabetes camp. They are great. They teach kids how to take care of them selves.Not to feel that they are different. It's good for the self esteem and for children who are learning about that they have epilepsy. It's time to send my son to one with the epilepsy foundation.I met the president and we discussed it. When I was a teenager I tried throwing my meds away, overdosing, just saying I did not have epilepsy. If I had this camp like my son I would have seen that there were others like me that I could relate to. Go for it. Give her some independance . It's the best thing you could ever do.Teresa

:hello: Alex

Welcome to CWE! You can click on
the Epilepsy Foundation Logo below
and they will have information on
Camps for children & teens coming up
soon! You can also phone the number
that is on the website for information
as well; plus you can also e-subscribe
for email notifications. So there is a lot
of fun stuff for children and teens with
Epilepsy, and many keeps going back
again and again and again!

(No fair! I wanna go too! Can I be a 7
year old? ::: sulks :::)

:)

Make yourself a home here and feel
free to browse around!

Hi Alexa,

I used to live in Memphis. I know there is a camp in east TN around Knoxville for kids. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Cindy

Thanks for all the input! I will contact the Epilepsy Foundation first chance I get on Monday. Also, thanks for the warm welcome to the CWE community.
alexa

Back
Top Bottom