Epilepsy-India(New delhi)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Dear All,

I have first attack on 2008 since then I am taking medicine, jjust wanted to know is that disease is curable or not.

My MRI report details is -:

According to doctor. My report says multiple innumerable well defined cystic(T2 hyperintense) lesion noted diffusely scattered in bilateral cerebral hemisphere, bilateral basal ganglia,bilateral thalamus and in right cerebellum.Lesion also noted in splenium of corpus callosum.I am taking medicine Euresta sr 300, vibrania capusule for last two year please help me in guiding right treatment.

Welcome bantu_sumit

Epilepsy cannot be "cured" though there are some people who are lucky enough to have had their seizures controlled for long periods of time. Personally, as soon as I see the word "cured" when talking about epilepsy (as I have online) I don't trust them. It has been known to stop but nobody knows why.

Seizures can be "controlled" meaning that they can lessen them (in intensity or/and frequency) with various medications however each medication effects everyone differently. There are some people that have had bad side-effects with tegretol & minimal effects on their seizures however it is what seems to be helping my seizures the most with few side-effects. The only way to find out what works for you is for you to try the various medications.

Today (27/12/2011) I got my MRI report which is done after 1.6 year, but still there is no significant improvement in it. Doctor told me that I have eggs (Small insect inside my brain ) did any treatment helpfull through with it can control.

Back
Top Bottom