Epilepsy and Raynauds Syndrome

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

taradesi

New
Reaction score
Has anyone else with epilepsy been diagnosed with Raynaud's Syndrome/Phenomenon? My 7 yr old has complained of issues that relate to Raynaud's since she was able to communicate. She would either blow on her hands and/or feet., or say they hurt/burned/tingled. Or have one of us blow on them or rub them for her. It help some but nut a complete fix and I worry I may spark a seizure from over-stimulation. We live in New York state so it's not like the temperatures would be consistent year round. I'm curious if anyone noticed more or less seizure during the time when their Raynaud's acted up. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. My daughter is newly diagnosed with epilepsy as of late November 2011. But I suspected it since she was an infant. Took over 6 years and several trips to Pediatric Neurologist that did not before I insisted on change and got what I asked for. Now we are finally starting to get answers so some of the questions, but some are best answered by those that have lived it. Again, thank you for any info you can provide!

Epilepsy & Raynauds syndrome

My 25 year old suffers with epilepsy, but also suffered with Raynauds Syndrome as a child, although it does not seem to be affecting him at the moment. Logically thinking, epilepsy is caused by lack of oxygen to the brain, raynauds is lack of blood to the extremities, therefore, would the two not be linked because blood carries oxygen through the brain. I wonder if there has been a study done between the two. I am not medically minded but to me the two must be linked. I hope your child is coping with these debilitating illnesses.

Back
Top Bottom