Glad to be able to talk to people who understand

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new at this. I am 28 and have had numerous fits throught my life but have only been diagonised and medicated for a year. I am taking Epilim and having no side affects. I am a little worried about having children in the future I am will cope with that when it comes. I will enjoy talking to other people with epilepsy as sometimes I do wish family could understand.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Feel free to jump in anywhere in the forums or start a new topic on whatever is on your mind.

hi chris I am allways her too.. I do understand and my family is awfull with my epilepsy... I have only one life to live and I hope to find people who like me for who I am ;) not an easy task I must say.. when your family misunderstands man you really feel alone...

my family is trying. they dont get how scary it is tho. they think i just need an extra hour of sleep and it will all blow over sort of thing...

if only

--
SO :;;:;;sdsd???

Well, I had zero idea of what it meant when I first met Stacy and she told me she had epilepsy. We've been through very good times (no seizures for 4 years) and very bad times (grand mal seizures during the day once a week - often causing bad falls). The very bad times were extremely tough on us both.

For my part, participating in forums has really given me a insight and perspective into the burden of having (uncontrolled) epilepsy.

*applause*

seriously tho (love these forums) you're born with reason bernard. you should feel 'kingly' !

:p *hug

Hey thanks! I learned a long time ago that *participating* in forums is a fast way to learn a new subject. Ask questions and you get answers. Answer questions and you reinforce the knowledge in your head (or get corrected and improve your knowledge).

I try my best to be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom